home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #21
MMC1
Grand Villa

Basically I wanted to remind people to try to research for an answer besides expecting others to provide quicker answer. It is smart to know Mouseowners has guidelines but DVC also has the information we all need to know.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:25 PM   #22
Commish
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Reason for weekend-weekend "for rent" prohibition: As has been mentioned, all the RCI stuff. I am trying to prevent potential disappointments and to get people to abide by the rules imposed by RCI.

And yes, if someone wants or requests a weekend-weekend rental, it's okay of owners respond to such a request.

I completely understand this. But couldn't there be an option to "verify" the listing. I have been pretty open about my holdings on the boards OKW 330 VB 495 BRV 500 and have a profile from 2012 - I only own DVC. If I were (hypothetically) to rent a Sat to Sat (which is my most common booking for my Family, to date I have only rented to friends ) and had to cancel my trip - there might be readers on site who would want the week.

Regarding Verification - which also means "work" - I would be more than willing to pay for this option - pick a price $50/$100 put a star next to listing, true DVC owners benefit, our favorite DVC website benefits.

Is there a way to Verify Listing?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #23
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
I completely understand this. But couldn't there be an option to "verify" the listing. I have been pretty open about my holdings on the boards OKW 330 VB 495 BRV 500 and have a profile from 2012 - I only own DVC. If I were (hypothetically) to rent a Sat to Sat (which is my most common booking for my Family, to date I have only rented to friends ) and had to cancel my trip - there might be readers on site who would want the week.

Regarding Verification - which also means "work" - I would be more than willing to pay for this option - pick a price $50/$100 put a star next to listing, true DVC owners benefit, our favorite DVC website benefits.

No way to verify a listing. You can offer number of points available to rent and responds to a renters enquireis.

Charging owners for advertisement in rental section has been discussed many times but admin/owner thought, this may be more work for them then money recovered.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:03 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post

Admins boards. Admins rules. And this rule isn't even anything to discuss IMO but here I am posting.

It's easy enough to rent points without doing a speculative rental from Fri, Sat or Sun for a week. Paying a fee to do so - well, it would be just as good to rent the points normal.

Personally you couldn't pay me enough to attempt to verify weeklong speculative rentals. One - it would be impossible to do. And two - a real PITB to even try.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #25
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

kim's board; kim's rules.

we all are grateful for the board and the opportunities it offers owners and renters. it is the best of its kind.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 AM   #26
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
kim's board; kim's rules.

we all are grateful for the board and the opportunities it offers owners and renters. it is the best of its kind.

Thanks Kim, for all you do for this community. MO is more than just a forum, which makes it unique.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:07 AM   #27
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I just scrolled thru 16 pages of
DVC Home Resort Rules & Regulations.

Page 8 #4 Minimum Stay Consecutive Use Day required to be reserved shall not exceed 5 Use Days

Page 9 #6 Home Resort Priority includes Check In Day plus up to 7 consecutive days after check in day
meaning Check in Sunday / Check out Sunday or make new reservation to extend your stay.

This is particularly needed during high demand season and DVC Member Rules cover all potential problems whether or not we like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Basically I wanted to remind people to try to research for an answer besides expecting others to provide quicker answer. It is smart to know Mouseowners has guidelines but DVC also has the information we all need to know.
I think you're missing the point. Your quoted rules above have nothing to do with Kim's posted rules. The DVC Rules and Regulations you quoted are simply stating that Disney cannot require more than 5-day minimum stay (they currently require a 1 day minimum stay) and home resort priority means that at 11 months you can book your first night plus up to 7 additional nights (regardless of which day of the week your reservation starts).

The "DVC Rules tell us all we need to know" is decidedly false in reference to what posts are acceptable in the R/T/B board, which is why Kim insists that users read the stickies. Thus, your posts in this thread are a mis-direct and users would do well to follow Kim's admonitions.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #28
John2247
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
To all RTB Users:

Please take the time to READ the NEW RTB Rules (which went into effect this past February).

But don't just read them. Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them. Your posting life here on MO depends upon such actions!

Honestly, they're not difficult rules to follow. (They're a ton easier to follow than the previous rules were.) In fact, they're so easy to follow that you can pretty much use the rules as a template, of sorts, for any ads you want to post.

Now, I have to admit that lately, I've been banning people for a week or a month (depending upon severity of infractions) because they haven't been following one particular rule. Can you guess which one it is? And said posters have been quite cross, asking why they've been banned. What rule(s), they wonder, have they violated?

Well, here's the thing: It's not my responsibility to tell you which rules you violated. It's your responsibility to know the rules well enough to follow them in the first place. If you can't be bothered to do that, then you shouldn't -- and won't -- be allowed to post.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Thanks to you for posting! And thanks for this great site! "Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them." Seems like I have read that somewhere before.

John
Old 04-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2247 View Post
"Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them." Seems like I have read that somewhere before.

John
Ding, ding, ding: BONUS for you!
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #30
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

The "DVC Rules tell us all we need to know" is decidedly false in reference to what posts are acceptable in the R/T/B board, which is why Kim insists that users read the stickies. Thus, your posts in this thread are a mis-direct and users would do well to follow Kim's admonitions.

Dirk
Yes, my posting requirements are probably more restrictive than DVC's rules.

However, I should point out that I won't allow ads that I know are in direct violation of DVC's rules.

For example, there are a lot of owners who seem to think it's possible to transfer banked points. It isn't, and those ads are deleted without explanation. What's more, I shouldn't have to explain why that ad was deleted.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote