home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #1
administrator
Ms. Personality

Exclamation Listen up, PLEASE!!!!

To all RTB Users:

Please take the time to READ the NEW RTB Rules (which went into effect this past February).

But don't just read them. Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them. Your posting life here on MO depends upon such actions!

Honestly, they're not difficult rules to follow. (They're a ton easier to follow than the previous rules were.) In fact, they're so easy to follow that you can pretty much use the rules as a template, of sorts, for any ads you want to post.

Now, I have to admit that lately, I've been banning people for a week or a month (depending upon severity of infractions) because they haven't been following one particular rule. Can you guess which one it is? And said posters have been quite cross, asking why they've been banned. What rule(s), they wonder, have they violated?

Well, here's the thing: It's not my responsibility to tell you which rules you violated. It's your responsibility to know the rules well enough to follow them in the first place. If you can't be bothered to do that, then you shouldn't -- and won't -- be allowed to post.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
melcort10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Can you clarify what a weekend-weekend reservation is? Is that a Saturday-Saturday week long rental? Thanks!
melcort10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
administrator
Ms. Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by melcort10 View Post
Can you clarify what a weekend-weekend reservation is? Is that a Saturday-Saturday week long rental? Thanks!
Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, Sun-Sun
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
melcort10

Can I ask why these aren't allowed?
Old 04-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

I just scrolled thru 16 pages of
DVC Home Resort Rules & Regulations.

Page 8 #4 Minimum Stay Consecutive Use Day required to be reserved shall not exceed 5 Use Days

Page 9 #6 Home Resort Priority includes Check In Day plus up to 7 consecutive days after check in day
meaning Check in Sunday / Check out Sunday or make new reservation to extend your stay.

This is particularly needed during high demand season and DVC Member Rules cover all potential problems whether or not we like it.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #6
melcort10

So I completely understand that rentals need to abide by DVC rules.

For the second piece, home resort bookings can only be made for 7 days. Isn't a Saturday to Saturday booking 7 days? Or is this rule saying that Sat-Sat means check out on Sunday?

My understanding of the "minimum" stay that you're referencing is that from time to time there may be minimum stay requirements but that the minimum stay can't exceed 5 days. Have you ever heard of this being implemented?
Old 04-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I suspect it's another way to try and prevent someone from renting a RCI exchange (which are typically 7 nights with a check-in date of either Friday, Saturday or Sunday).
Old 04-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Because there is a strong probability that those are reservations obtained via an RCI exchange. RCI rules prohibit those being rented. If RCI discovers them, they get cancelled. Admin doesn't want to bother trying to determine if they are legit or not. who can blame her?

Not directed to the quoted poster:

Keep in mind that the MO RTB is FREE to use and requires quite a bit of time for the owners to administer. Seems like a very small thing to ask users to actually read rules before posting & then abide by those same rules. Sad how many don't.

FWIW, I personally wouldn't be a party to a rental transaction (on either side of the transaction) with anyone who posts on the RTB unless they also have a good number of helpful posts on the non-RTB boards that span several months. If they are willing to take advantage of a free resource without giving anything back, I'd be at much greater risk of getting scammed than if I deal with someone who contributes to the community. YMMV.

Last edited by Carol; 04-06-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #9
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
RCI reservations go Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun. RCI rules do not allow renting of those reservations and technically someone could show up and the reservation had been cancelled because of that. It's a protective restriction.

BTW - you just can't offer a confirmed reservation for the week long, weekend start. If someone responded to an ad wanting that you could book it for them. And any reservation can be made for more than 7 days for home resort or even non-home resort. You are restricted by DVC to doing that right at the opening of the window but then you can call and add to them reservations or if you weren't booking immediately at the 11 month or 7 month window you'd be able to book up to 31 days I believe if everything fell within the booking window.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #10
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
So I completely understand that rentals need to abide by DVC rules.

For the second piece, home resort bookings can only be made for 7 days. Isn't a Saturday to Saturday booking 7 days? Or is this rule saying that Sat-Sat means check out on Sunday?

My understanding of the "minimum" stay that you're referencing is that from time to time there may be minimum stay requirements but that the minimum stay can't exceed 5 days. Have you ever heard of this being implemented?
I could be wrong but my understanding is that the weekend-weekend confirmed ressie prohibition rule on this site is because they look like RCI trades. Re-renting RCI trades is prohibited by both RCI and DVC. If either catches a re-rental the ressie will be cancelled. People re-rent these things regularly on eBay, etc and while some get away with it, some renters lose their room and maybe their money too. The Adimn here does not need anymore headaches from this RTB than she already has, so I think she doesnít want confirmed ressies that even look like an RCI trade. (Again, this is my understanding. I know I have read this on here but I canít remember if it came directly from Admin, so I cannot say with certainty that I am explaining correctly).
Anyway, if a renter posts an Ad where they ASKs for weekend-weekend, an owner can respond and reserve the days the renter asks for. You just canít advertise a confirmed ressie that is weekend-weekend. It helps to discourage the RCI re-renters from coming here.

On your other question, I have never heard of minimum stay being enforced and we have reserved just a single night as a pre-cruise stop off.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote