home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Steelersforlife24
Studio

Default Booking a dummy reservation to bridge the gap of a WDW Univ WDW vacation

Recently my 60 window opened up for FP+ for our upcoming sept trip. Sept 5-8 AKL savanna view room. Sept 8-11 Portifino Bay at Universal. Sept 11-16 at GFV 1 bedroom SV. When I first went on at 7 am I could only book FP+ Sept 5-8th. I decided to book a dummy reservation Sept 8-11 at the campsites to bridge the gap and then once I did that I was able to book for the entire vacation. My question is what happens if I wait a week and then cancel the Campsite reservation. I am thinking my FP from Sept 11-16 will not be cancelled because I do have reservation at the GFV and I will be inside my 60 day window. Any thoughts or experiences for those that have done this before?
Steelersforlife24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersforlife24 View Post
Recently my 60 window opened up for FP+ for our upcoming sept trip. Sept 5-8 AKL savanna view room. Sept 8-11 Portifino Bay at Universal. Sept 11-16 at GFV 1 bedroom SV. When I first went on at 7 am I could only book FP+ Sept 5-8th. I decided to book a dummy reservation Sept 8-11 at the campsites to bridge the gap and then once I did that I was able to book for the entire vacation. My question is what happens if I wait a week and then cancel the Campsite reservation. I am thinking my FP from Sept 11-16 will not be cancelled because I do have reservation at the GFV and I will be inside my 60 day window. Any thoughts or experiences for those that have done this before?
Not personal but this works for two reasons.

You’re correct in that once your window for GF opens, it opens up all dates between 60 days and arrival day.

Also, because of your prior on-site stay, you then get a rolling 60 day window from check-out day.

You can safely cancel once you reach 60 days out from the GF stay. You will get an email warning you that your FPs will be cancelled, but you can ignore it!
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I too booked a dummy resie for Dec. We had the 19th to the 24th booked and I wanted a BOG ADR on the 19th. So I booked a fake resie at OKW for Dec 15-19 so I could then make ADRs 160 +10 for the OKW resie and book BOG on the last night, the 19th (which is the first night of my actual resie). Then I cancelled the dummy/fake OKW resie once my 180 +10 opened for Dec 19. And I didn't lose my ADR. I'd guess it's the same for FP+.

And I know what I did was cheating the system. But I have been trying and trying for a BOG resie. My DDs and I have been once but DH has not been as I can never get us a resie. And figured it would be super tough during free dining and Xmastime. And it was because I checked on my actual 180 day window and there was nothing.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT and May 25-28 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
Steelersforlife24
Studio

Thank you for your replies! Much appreciated!
Steelersforlife24 is offline   Reply With Quote