home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #101
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I seem to remember during the announcement of Star Wars land that there would be a number of interactive elements for all parkgoers, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some voting or audience participation in some limited events when hotel guests are taken outside. It's been a while but I hope they still plan to have those things in place.
I think the tracking function of Magicbands is going to figure heavily into both the hotel and Galaxy's Edge. Such technology could cause specific items/objects/people to react to you in certain ways when you are in proximity....and act differently for others. And when that group of Stormtroopers is walking really fast towards you....... they already KNOW who you are. And that Disney cast member Resistance fighter that gave you the data cube to drop off behind the rock at the cantina knew that you were the right person to give that to.

And so on.

best,

....................john
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #102
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
I think the tracking function of Magicbands is going to figure heavily into both the hotel and Galaxy's Edge. Such technology could cause specific items/objects/people to react to you in certain ways when you are in proximity....and act differently for others. And when that group of Stormtroopers is walking really fast towards you....... they already KNOW who you are. And that Disney cast member Resistance fighter that gave you the data cube to drop off behind the rock at the cantina knew that you were the right person to give that to.
I agree.....I suspect that the Magic Band Technology use will go to the next level.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #103
amiemm
One Bedroom

Quote:

And so on.

best,

....................john
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I agree.....I suspect that the Magic Band Technology use will go to the next level.

Oh, this is all SO exciting! I cannot wait!!
Old 02-13-2018, 02:24 PM   #104
yahoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I can not wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #105
cornbread4
Studio

[quote=Nickys;1379549]I have seen a map that shows where it is rumoured to be going. Seemed like it was behind Star Tours etc. Kind of where Star Wars Land was originally thought to be going, when Indy and the rest of Echo Lake area was under threat.

QUOTE]

For those who'd like to see an aerial plan, this link shows the expected location of the Star Wars hotel just to the south east of the park.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/28.3565/-81.5614

You can also zoom out and around and see the skyliner stations, Riviera hotel, and other coming updates.

Note- this is not an official Disney site. It's an open source site that folks are adding info based on various announcements and scouring building permits and such. But it seems to generally be pretty good.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:48 PM   #106
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

That map leaves the Star Tours building in a weird separated place from Galaxy's Edge... and the Muppet theater and Rizo in between the two areas. Wonder what the ultimate plans are for that part of the area?

best,

.................john
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #107
Nickys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
That map leaves the Star Tours building in a weird separated place from Galaxy's Edge... and the Muppet theater and Rizo in between the two areas. Wonder what the ultimate plans are for that part of the area?

best,

.................john
Word is "don't expect Star Tours to be around for ever".

In other words, after a couple of years, or whenever they decide to do more to the park, it will be re-themed.

A bit like Back to the Future at Universal - I'll never forgive them for that. That, plus ET, was my first experience at Universal. Oh, plus that Star Trek video thing you could do, it's still sitting amongst our DVD collection causing me to shudder every time I look at it
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #108
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Word is "don't expect Star Tours to be around for ever".

In other words, after a couple of years, or whenever they decide to do more to the park, it will be re-themed.
REALLY would hate to see that one go. It has stood the 'test of time' well, I think.

best,

.................john