home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Default Sue's Flower & Garden Trip 2017

Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (58), DVC Member
SB (59), my husband (3/9 & 3/10)
Amanda (28), daughter-in-law (3/10 - 3/12)
Ari (almost 8 months), grandson (6th WDW trip)
Dates: March 9 –13, 2017
Resort: Disney’s Beach Club Villas Resort
Experience: Very Experienced – 39th stay at this resort

INTRODUCTION:
Flower & Garden Festival has begun, and although this trip is only 4 nights it’ll be the main Flower & Garden trip for this year. I’ll have 1 night before a HAL cruise later this month, and a short 3-night weekend at the end of the festival. This trip should be the end of the nice weather, too (the 1 night later this month should be fine), as by late May it’s just hot & miserable down here. So, I hope to make the most of comfortable park touring this trip!

Whenever there’s something going on at Epcot I only want to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk, and of the 2, Beach Club is my favorite. I mentioned this is my 39th stay there, and thanks to dvc I have been able to spend 180 nights there so far. I’ve spent over 2 years (752 nights) at the dvc resorts since becoming a member, and surprisingly Beach Club Villas is not where I’ve spent the most nights. That would be Old Key West, with 203 nights, almost all accumulated back in the Pleasure Island/Comedy Warehouse days! Without that, there’s nothing to make me want to be there anymore. Beach Club will eventually catch up and beat Old Key West!

Last trip Amanda & Ari joined me for the weekend, and it actually worked out fine sharing a studio for a couple nights, so I invited them back for this trip as well. SB’s days off from work are Thursday & Friday, so he’ll come for the beginning of the trip but will be going home sometime Friday to be at work Saturday morning. Amanda & Ari will move in to take his place, and then I’ll stay solo on Sunday night.

Ari was so much fun last trip, as he was old enough to really enjoy the characters (especially Mickey) and the attractions! Since then he’s learned to crawl, pulls himself up to stand, and has started eating food. He still loves his orange magic band, and plays with it often, lol! He’ll be turning 8 months old just after this trip (on the 14th).

For me the main appeal of the festival is the food booths and the concerts. I was pleased to learn the group for this trip is the Pointer Sisters! We saw them once before and enjoyed them, so this worked out really well. Amanda is familiar with a couple of their songs, but she’s agreeable to doing whatever I want to do.

I have a lunch booked at Beaches & Cream since SB loves that place. I could take it or leave it – preferably leave it, lol – so this is for him. I tried to book Be Our Guest for lunch with Amanda, but since her attendance wasn’t thought of until mid-January, there wasn’t anything available at that point. Eventually I was able to get a lunch reservation for myself (party of 1) at a time that works for us, so we’ll see how we can get Amanda inside too (we’re sharing a sandwich, already pre-ordered). Luckily, I was able to add her to my fastpasses (I didn’t have Frozen booked on her dates).

The plans so far are:
Thursday 3/9: Drive to WDW, Epcot
Friday 3/10: Hollywood Studios, Beaches & Cream lunch, Epcot
Saturday 3/11: Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest lunch, Epcot
Sunday 3/12: Animal Kingdom, Pool, Epcot
Monday 3/13: Drive to Gainesville (work)

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Following along Sue. Always love reading your trip reports. Thank you for taking the time post

Have a great time!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Flower and Garden is on my bucket list, so I'm looking forward to your report!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
richviii
One Bedroom

Thanks for taking us along. We are less than 25 days out to enjoy our 3rd annual visit to Flower and Garden!

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin Apr - BCV [b]2018 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
Disneynut4sure
One Bedroom

Heading to my first Flower And Garden trip in May so I'm excited to see your trip reports as always Sue... I will be enjoying Beach club first stay for me..

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:51 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
Who/When/Where:
Experience: Very Experienced – 39th stay at this resort
You must keep pretty good records to know how many times at a particular resort!

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #8
bubster
Grand Villa

I'll be following along and taking notes about your favorites at the food booths. We will be there May 13 - 20. Hope it won't be too hot.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:07 AM   #9
Growe95
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I will be there in 11 days! Looking forward to reading your post. We plan to really explore Epcot this year!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Hope you have fun. We arrive on the 14th for our stay at BCV for the F&GF/spring break.