home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Default Express transportation

What are your thoughts? Is it worth it? I looked at it briefly when they first announced it, then forgot all about it until now.
We are contemplating it for our upcoming trip.

JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #2
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Do you mean using the Magical Express from the airport to the resort?

We've used it for all recent trips. It is very convenient and a nice way to start a trip.

best,

...............john
Old 04-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltonJohn View Post
Do you mean using the Magical Express from the airport to the resort?

We've used it for all recent trips. It is very convenient and a nice way to start a trip.

best,

...............john
Thanks John, I was thinking of the park to park express service disney is now offering for $30/person? I forget exactly what they are calling it, just not sure it would be worth it unless we are planning a lot of park hoping. I know some have mentioned it in their trip reports.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
jamesa1
Studio

I think it is a great option if you park hop. If you do use it I recommend checking the times between parks.
jamesa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
What are your thoughts? Is it worth it? I looked at it briefly when they first announced it, then forgot all about it until now.
We are contemplating it for our upcoming trip.

It is very convenient.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

For our family of four, it makes more sense to pay for a rental car, and then use our AP for free parking. It saves us a ton of time, and we've been able to hop between three parks during peak times while still riding the major rides at each with FP+ and well after rope drop. We don't typically bring a bag into the parks, and the new MK screening process is slick (at monorails, after boats, or on walkway to BLT). I personally would not pay the $30 per person based on what we've experienced, as our rentals have been less than that (we average $22 per day for a mid-size SUV through Priceline Name Your Own Price). However, I understand with a smaller family size, the price may be more appealing to some.
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #7
disneyyes
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Love it

DH and I used the park-to-park Express Bus transportation for 2 different trips (Jan. and April) and we liked it very much. It saved a lot of time AND walking when we wanted to park hop, and the bus rides were very relaxing and uncrowded. It helped tremendously with getting to restaurants where we had dining reservations. I'd recommend jotting down the schedule so that you can plan well while inside the park. The following is subject to change, of course, but below is info I printed out to have with me in the parks; it lists the express bus times and the Epcot/Studios friendship boat transportation routes...

Magic Kingdom….…Epc 10/40…HS 20/50…AK 0/30
Epcot…………………...MK 10/40…HS 0/30…AK 20/50
HS………………………..MK 20/50…Epc 0/20…AK 10/40
AK………………………..MK 0/30…Epc 20/50…HS 10/40
Friendship Boats Route:
EPC-DHS: BW/ YC/ SD/ HS
DHS-Epc: SD/ YC/ BW/ EPC
disneyyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #8
MrsBlovesDisney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyyes View Post
DH and I used the park-to-park Express Bus transportation for 2 different trips (Jan. and April) and we liked it very much. It saved a lot of time AND walking when we wanted to park hop, and the bus rides were very relaxing and uncrowded. It helped tremendously with getting to restaurants where we had dining reservations. I'd recommend jotting down the schedule so that you can plan well while inside the park. The following is subject to change, of course, but below is info I printed out to have with me in the parks; it lists the express bus times and the Epcot/Studios friendship boat transportation routes...

Friendship Boats Route:

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I was trying to keep notes on the times but wasn't even close to what you have.....so THANK YOU AGAIN!!

LOOOOVED the Express Park to Park bus!!! So convenient!!! We visit WDW 2X's a year and will ALWAYS use it!!! Sure hope it stays!!!!

Last trip: MARCH 2018 BLT 1 BDRM TPV
Next: NOV 2018 BLT 1 BDRM ADULT ONLY
Then: MARCH 2019 BLT 1 BDRM

DVC @ OKW and BLT (but the CR will always be our first love)!!
MrsBlovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyyes View Post

Friendship Boats Route:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBlovesDisney View Post
OMG THANK YOU!!!! I was trying to keep notes on the times but wasn't even close to what you have.....so THANK YOU AGAIN!!

LOOOOVED the Express Park to Park bus!!! So convenient!!! We visit WDW 2X's a year and will ALWAYS use it!!! Sure hope it stays!!!!
Yes, thank you so much!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #10
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

I'm not generally one to pay for this type of extra from the mouse, but I'm thinking that we will probably pay for this when we visit over Christmas/NYE this year. Driving between the parks is fine, but at holiday time, traffic is ridiculous.

I'm glad to hear those of you that have used it felt it was worth the price.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote