home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 AM   #11
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Friday night will be the hardest to get in my opinion.
It's worse than friday...Its Thursday. I think this is probably one of the hardest to get. The cash room is killing me...but I don't want to change rooms or resorts.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:26 AM   #12
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I have three use years, I always book my summer vacation in the 11 month window. I must have had a brain cloud when booking this year, and in the middle of my vacation (change between use years) I have an empty night :-(. I just put in for it on the waitlist. Hoping it comes in, or else, I am going to have to cut it short. I can't believe I had a total brain cloud when booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I've done that too! Don't feel bad, I think it is easy to overlook because if you just look at the dates all the dates are there between the two reservations running consecutively. But, because you have two reservations you really should have one date that seems like it overlaps, but really the day that overlaps is a check-out day with a consecutive check-in day.

If you just have one night on a wait list, I think you will have a very good chance of it filling. I also agree with other posters, if you can get a cash reservation to fill in the gap that would be great. Hopefully you won't have to move for just one night. That would be a PITA.

Good luck!
Add me to the list of MOs missing a date by using the two UY. Luckily, my missing date came through on the WL within a week. Whew!

Good luck on getting your WL fulfilled!

2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
I have three use years, I always book my summer vacation in the 11 month window. I must have had a brain cloud when booking this year, and in the middle of my vacation (change between use years) I have an empty night :-(. I just put in for it on the waitlist. Hoping it comes in, or else, I am going to have to cut it short. I can't believe I had a total brain cloud when booking.
Wait List came through

I had total brain cloud when I booked my summer vacation thank goodness I noticed it before we checked in
Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #14
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Wait List came through

I had total brain cloud when I booked my summer vacation thank goodness I noticed it before we checked in
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:32 PM   #15
hilaw
Grand Villa

Quote:
Wait List came through

You were rewarded by your paying-it-forward with the new ROFR database.
hilaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #16
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I had 6 UY until mid 2017 and then sold one. I am actually missing the flexibly of that UY! That said, I have never under booked, but once I double booked! That was easier to drop vs. your issue. Hopefully, your waitlist will come through. I would book the cash night now in case and cancel later. It may not be available as time goes on. Just a suggestion.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #17
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Wait List came through

Congratulations. My Cheap Butt would not have allowed me to do that $1000 room...

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:08 PM   #18
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I had 6 UY until mid 2017 and then sold one. I am actually missing the flexibly of that UY! That said, I have never under booked, but once I double booked! That was easier to drop vs. your issue. Hopefully, your waitlist will come through. I would book the cash night now in case and cancel later. It may not be available as time goes on. Just a suggestion.
Do you keep a large bottle of Excedrin next to the 5-6 UY Spreadsheet?

(I have 2 Memberships with all same UY contracts except for yearly different UY transfers into each membership and I can't even remember without my index card which membership I transferred into). Course I'm old.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #19
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I am one that wishes I had never done two Use Years. It is just a pain to keep up with. I am looking for a small resale, and the very first thing I look at is Use Year. If it isn't the right one, I don't read any further, no matter what the deal is.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote