home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #21
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Events

I wish these events were either a Tues or Thursday.

Wednesday middle of the week is really hard for me workwise to fly up.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #22
Laura D
Two Bedroom

I just added a day to the start of our trip so we could attend the event on the 28th Im so excited to hear how much everyone has enjoyed.

Hopefully, the grandchildren will be able to hang with us ....
Laura D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #23
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I'd guess that the MK events are probably the best. More rides etc to soak in people. We've been to an MK and an Epcot. I'd make the effort for MK again but Epcot would just have to be a perfect fit.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #24
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
We went to Moonlight Magic last night at the Magic Kingdom. The best way to describe it was that it was like WDW used to be during the slower times of the year. About 15-20 years ago when my kids were little we would go the week before Thanksgiving or mid-January and it was wonderful. Little to no waits on rides, being able to walk the paths without it being wall to wall people, and not having to camp out to see the fireworks, or pay extra for a good seat.

We basically did all the rides we wanted to do during the evening with the exception of one or two. Granted, we didn't take the time to meet any of the characters but they had some rare ones out last night. I appreciate that they had free food and snacks which we did have but it was mediocre quality at best. But that's what I expected, so no disappointment there.

We literally walked into the hub at 11:25 and got a great seat on the curb in front of the castle. The fireworks were a great show, big finale.

One funny thing from the evening. We were in the stretching room at the HM and the entire room recited the spiel with the narrator. We were all DVC members, obviously we've all been there...a lot!

So my opinion was that we thoroughly enjoyed it, totally worth doing. It was definitely reminiscent of 'the good ole days.' Thanks DVC!
This is great to hear! I'm headed to the MM event at MK on 2/6 and now I'm even more excited!

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #25
toontown
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Moonlight magic

Definitely hoping for the HS in the fall event!! Will be great after the summer opening of toy story land!
toontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
We went to Moonlight Magic last night at the Magic Kingdom. The best way to describe it was that it was like WDW used to be during the slower times of the year. About 15-20 years ago when my kids were little we would go the week before Thanksgiving or mid-January and it was wonderful. Little to no waits on rides, being able to walk the paths without it being wall to wall people, and not having to camp out to see the fireworks, or pay extra for a good seat.

We basically did all the rides we wanted to do during the evening with the exception of one or two. Granted, we didn't take the time to meet any of the characters but they had some rare ones out last night. I appreciate that they had free food and snacks which we did have but it was mediocre quality at best. But that's what I expected, so no disappointment there.

We literally walked into the hub at 11:25 and got a great seat on the curb in front of the castle. The fireworks were a great show, big finale.

One funny thing from the evening. We were in the stretching room at the HM and the entire room recited the spiel with the narrator. We were all DVC members, obviously we've all been there...a lot!

So my opinion was that we thoroughly enjoyed it, totally worth doing. It was definitely reminiscent of 'the good ole days.' Thanks DVC!
HM sounds like the Rocky Horror Picture show went to MK ( I have done a few of those in my day). We are scheduled Feb 6 and I can't wait (MK is DH least favorite park due to all the people and lines so DH may enjoy it despite himself).
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #27
ajc
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
I wish these events were either a Tues or Thursday.

Wednesday middle of the week is really hard for me workwise to fly up.

Goldi
Feb 6 is a Tuesday if there are still openings...
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #28
Suflay
Grand Villa

We'll be there in 24 hours! Probably in the rain, but who cares?