home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #41
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Sorry to change the subject...

Maybe it's the times of year I go, but I am regularly pleased/surprised/amazed by how well-behaved Disney World guests are! I can do a dozen week-long trips without seeing a single line jumper! And when I do they apologize for catching up with family. (Still not an excuse even if true.) Most people are smiling, polite, and considerate.

But then I (understandably) don't go in the summer heat!
We took some friends with us. When entering the que some people got in before us and left the rest of their family behind to enter after us. The people in front of us said oh there with us about the people behind us. Our friend said oh you want to ride together? To which the reply was yes. Our friend said ok you can go behind us to be with them. Funny thing is they didn't move back so I guess they really didn't want to ride together.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #42
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
We always have a classic moment we witness for each trip that makes for a good laugh. Itís typically in the parks but this time it was at the airport.

At mco tsa there was a little boy about 3 years old listening and watching the process and directions of tsa agents. ďRemove belts, shoes...Ē his mom was preoccupied with all the luggage, stroller...and so he dutifully removed his shoes on his own and stripped off his pants and placed them in the bucket/gets back in line for screening Naked waist down. He had everyone including the agents busting a gut. Mom realizes what heís done but itís too late to get his little pants back before proceeding so the little fella marched through with just his Mickey shirt.

Thank you for a much-needed laugh this morning!

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #43
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
We took some friends with us. When entering the que some people got in before us and left the rest of their family behind to enter after us. The people in front of us said oh there with us about the people behind us. Our friend said oh you want to ride together? To which the reply was yes. Our friend said ok you can go behind us to be with them. Funny thing is they didn't move back so I guess they really didn't want to ride together.
Hardly the first time I've heard or experienced that.
I am sorely tempted to say "They must not care much about you if they couldn't wait for you." So far I've been able to resist...

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #44
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
We just returned and I felt the park behavior was the best Iíve seen. It was miserably hot and wait times were long but the crowds in the parks were not bad. I didnít see the meltdown of parents that I usually do. Itís the first time we havenít witnessed a parent completely losing it. I think when people get a feeling of being trapped in a sea of people coupled with the heat they can lose it.

We always have a classic moment we witness for each trip that makes for a good laugh. Itís typically in the parks but this time it was at the airport.

At mco tsa there was a little boy about 3 years old listening and watching the process and directions of tsa agents. ďRemove belts, shoes...Ē his mom was preoccupied with all the luggage, stroller...and so he dutifully removed his shoes on his own and stripped off his pants and placed them in the bucket/gets back in line for screening Naked waist down. He had everyone including the agents busting a gut. Mom realizes what heís done but itís too late to get his little pants back before proceeding so the little fella marched through with just his Mickey shirt.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS24 : , DD22 , DD14
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:52 PM   #45
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

TSA story = as it sounds like kid was fine with the attention & the family took it in stride.

As far as parenting other kids go - - it takes a village & all that. I ask my adult friends to help with DD. She needs to know and understand that other adults have the authority to redirect her when she is making bad choices.

Stranger kids are more challenging. I've found that the mom glare and a softly spoken "stop" is effective. The suggestion to get a CM is good but sometimes things more too quickly to find staff & involve them. The other thing I've tried is looking a kid causing trouble in the eye and asking "where are your parents?" It is amazing how quickly kids can decide that they need to be someplace else.

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:10 PM   #46
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhollywood View Post
BCV: two brothers in SAB, maybe 11 & 8, playing rough. Big bro picks on his little bro and holds him under water. I went to say something but then he lets little bro up. Little bro has hand marks on his neck and shoulders. :
This IMO, 💯 percent required notification and intervention of a lifeguard.
Should this have gone badly it would be lifeguards responsibility...if nothing else lifeguards deserved a heads-up to the bad behavior.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #47
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
We just returned and I felt the park behavior was the best Iíve seen. It was miserably hot and wait times were long but the crowds in the parks were not bad. I didnít see the meltdown of parents that I usually do. Itís the first time we havenít witnessed a parent completely losing it. I think when people get a feeling of being trapped in a sea of people coupled with the heat they can lose it.