home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #21
DBridge
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
And now Reunion Station can be booked by ALL eligible DVC Members regardless of where you are staying.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...1wo1011180015A

If they can't get people staying at CCV/BR to pay for the amenities, something tells me they aren't going to get much traffic from people staying at other resorts.
DBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
And now Reunion Station can be booked by ALL eligible DVC Members regardless of where you are staying.

Lol....I just have to laugh. Sure does make it hard to enjoy the offerings if you are staying at say AKV. The operating hours are really gonna squeeze you, especially since there is zero transportation options to get to CCV from AKV (or any other DVC resort).

Also have to laugh because of Disney's failure to recognize its a cost issue.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #23
micepace42
Studio

Red face CCV mistake...?

I remember when CCV was announced and all the questions originally surrounding whether it was going to be part of VWL or its own entity, was there going to be a lazy river, was there going to be a Concierge Level, etc...

I think it was a major oversight, on Disney's part, not including a Club Level like Animal Kingdom. It isn't like they had to build one; it already existed AND is there for the cash-side rooms now. They should have made this a booking category for additional points.

To be honest, I think this should be something added to the Poly Bungalows for no additional points. The point amount required for those units is just so high, adding access to the King Kamehameha Club Level would help offset the high point cost or at least make the "pill" a little easier to swallow. As a matter of fact, I think they should also add this to the ground level "Lake View" rooms as the points required for those rooms is not justified with the view really being a bungalow view.

micepace42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #24
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Lol....I just have to laugh. Sure does make it hard to enjoy the offerings if you are staying at say AKV. The operating hours are really gonna squeeze you, especially since there is zero transportation options to get to CCV from AKV (or any other DVC resort).

Minnie Vans!!!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #25
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by micepace42 View Post
I remember when CCV was announced and all the questions originally surrounding whether it was going to be part of VWL or its own entity, was there going to be a lazy river, was there going to be a Concierge Level, etc...

I think it was a major oversight, on Disney's part, not including a Club Level like Animal Kingdom. It isn't like they had to build one; it already existed AND is there for the cash-side rooms now. They should have made this a booking category for additional points.

To be honest, I think this should be something added to the Poly Bungalows for no additional points. The point amount required for those units is just so high, adding access to the King Kamehameha Club Level would help offset the high point cost or at least make the "pill" a little easier to swallow. As a matter of fact, I think they should also add this to the ground level "Lake View" rooms as the points required for those rooms is not justified with the view really being a bungalow view.
The Bungalows should really be serviced like Cabanas. Fully stocked and with an attendant. As it is now, they lack amenities and service and if Im paying 2500 per night or more, I want club level amenities in the unit. I do not want to have to stock the villa myself or walk to another building.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #26
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
The Bungalows should really be serviced like Cabanas. Fully stocked and with an attendant. As it is now, they lack amenities and service and if Im paying 2500 per night or more, I want club level amenities in the unit. I do not want to have to stock the villa myself or walk to another building.
Very true! That price point should command a higher level of service.

I think that Reunion Station could be very successful as a community hall, or as a place to hold the member mixers as they originally planned. But even if the cost werenít so ridiculous, Iím not sure how much appeal it would have as a concierge experience. Who wants to leave their room and walk through the lobby and across a common area just to get breakfast? Maybe if you could call them up and have the breakfast brought to your room as part of the concierge service...
Old 10-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #27
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

Well you can take MinnieVan each way... figure $30 or so LOL!

This seems like a stupid idea... it's at a resort that not's easily accessible from other resorts and they think we want to commute for a breakfast and a 2 hour happy hour??? Maybe somebody who believes they have to try EVERYTHING Disney puts out there will fall for this, but..
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #28
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

oh wait, they're serious.

yeah not a good sign is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I actually didn't feel that way staying in one. The service we had there was great, but I didn't feel the need to have concierge. We were on points though, and not paying cash. I felt what you got was worth it by Disney prices though.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:09 PM   #29
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Yep, figured that might be the next step...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote