home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #41
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

I wish there was a special DVC annual pass at Disneyland. The non-SoCal option with blackout dates is useless to families with school-age kids, and even that costs a whopping $729 (well, I gues $709 if you count the measly $20 discount).

Last edited by luaulei321; 10-11-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Stupid Autocorrect :)
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #42
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The Gold Pass was never FL Resident Only. The Gold Pass was introduced in Oct 2015 and was available to both FL Residents & DVC Members as soon as it went on sale.
Still the only FL pass level we have access too. It's not one that anyone can just get. They added a few new levels that year. Prior to that we had no access to any restricted date passes.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #43
Spartan86
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by luaulei321 View Post
I wish there was a special DVC annual pass at Disneyland. The non-SoCal option with blackout dates is useless to families with school-age kids, and even that costs a whopping $729 (well, I gues $709 if you count the emasculated $20 discount).
If you believe Jim Hill and others- I certainly do- Disney would like to have far fewer DL annual pass holders, so I doubt we’ll ever see it. Far more AP folks out there pop in and back out for a few hours and don’t spend much. Plus far greater population density within a short/reasonable radius.
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #44
luaulei321
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan86 View Post
If you believe Jim Hill and others- I certainly do- Disney would like to have far fewer DL annual pass holders, so I doubt we’ll ever see it. Far more AP folks out there pop in and back out for a few hours and don’t spend much. Plus far greater population density within a short/reasonable radius.
Yep - I know it won’t happen for that very reason — it’s just harder for me to use my points the way I want to. It’s no longer economical to go down to Disneyland multiple times a year, particularly with my older daughter getting ready to start kindergarten next year. For us, Aulani looks more and more attractive as a vacation spot each time the APs and regular tickets go up in price. The Deluxe AP (now $729) was under $200 when I started college in 2003. The price increases since then is just mind boggling.

http://www.mousemonthly.com/ultimate...price-history/

Last edited by luaulei321; 10-11-2018 at 07:19 PM.
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #45
Spartan86
Studio

Quote:
The Deluxe AP (now $729) was under $200 when I started college in 2003. The price increases since then is just mind boggling.
Wow!
Spartan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #46
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I wish there was a special DVC annual pass at Disneyland. The non-SoCal option with blackout dates is useless to families with school-age kids, and even that costs a whopping $729 (well, I gues $709 if you count the measly $20 discount).

Yep. Unfortunately about as likely as completing the walkway between the Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #47
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan86 View Post
Far more AP folks out there pop in and back out for a few hours and donít spend much. Plus far greater population density within a short/reasonable radius.
Yes-A little trivia! When DS worked at DL, he met a formerly active Marine who used to stop in at DL on his way home from work every day just for the flag retreat ceremony. I can't see anyone doing that at WDW.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #48
littlelulu01
One Bedroom

Quote:
Yep - I know it won’t happen for that very reason — it’s just harder for me to use my points the way I want to. It’s no longer economical to go down to Disneyland multiple times a year, particularly with my older daughter getting ready to start kindergarten next year. For us, Aulani looks more and more attractive as a vacation spot each time the APs and regular tickets go up in price. The Deluxe AP (now $729) was under $200 when I started college in 2003. The price increases since then is just mind boggling.

http://www.mousemonthly.com/ultimate...price-history/
$200 in 2003 is worth $272 in today’s dollars. Certainly outpaced inflation!

We did aulani this year and we ended up spending more $. Much was due to the spa though. That spa is incredible. A family with little ones could easily do for much less if they skip the spa.

We are doing wdw this year and next and so did the Gold passes. With 2 and hopefully a 3rd add on trip, the gold passes for wdw seem very reasonably priced.

Last edited by littlelulu01; 10-12-2018 at 02:37 PM.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote