home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #11
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersforlife24 View Post
Got the phone call today. We had signed up for VIP tour for Dec 7th and asked to be kept in the loop once they knew if Galaxy Edge would be included. Found out today that Smuggler's Run and access to the land will be included. Does not look like Rise of the Resistance will be. So I guess that means FP+ for Smugglers Run when ROR opens.
Thanks - we were wondering about this as well. Our visit is before ROR opens, so I hope that doesn't change anything regarding SR access.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
hilaw
Grand Villa

Ask tour guide to stand in line with the group for ROR towards the end of the tour? Some or even all of the group switch-out to do other things and exchange places at times. The guide stays put for the group. How's this?
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #13
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaw View Post
Ask tour guide to stand in line with the group for ROR towards the end of the tour? Some or even all of the group switch-out to do other things and exchange places at times. The guide stays put for the group. How's this?
That could be an awfully expensive use of the tour guide. Disney charged by the hour with a certain minimum. You wouldn't want to blow through that on waiting in line.

If RotR is as good as it's supposed to be, it's going to have FoP style waits - three to four hours.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:35 PM   #14
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I"m skeptical that you've gotten the final answer. Did they not include RotR because it's not yet opened and they don't know what they're going to do? Or because it will open 2 days before you arrive and they expect the crowds to be so extreme it's off the VIP Tour list?

In either case, I'm 100% FP+ will not be offered so if VIP access isn't included, the only way to experience it as part of your day is to get to DHS at Zero Dark Thirty and rope drop it, then go on with everything else.

Dirk

VIP tours will have access to the Star Wars attractions. No word on when the fastpass lines will be used.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
bilzer
One Bedroom

Soooo....up to (and including 11/21) is $550 per hour with a 7 hour minimum and after the 21st through Christmas is $650 an hour. Itís too steep for us so we are out. Please feel free to use this thread to make contact with others who have posted they are interested.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #16
bilzer
One Bedroom

Signature services said they (VIP Private Tours) would have access to the MFSR some way that doesnít wait in line, but I also asked about the cantina. The answer was no, they wonít be doing the cantina. Our family really wants the cantina more than the ride.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
John_B_Hall
Studio

can't wait to see the picturs
John_B_Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #18
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

We just did a private VIP tour in Disneyland and MFSR was included, but not unlimited, as our guide had to get a return time for us to ride each time we wanted to do it (we ended up doing it twice). I assume this is so that tour groups donít hog the ride too much by riding over and over again. I donít know if WDW would adopt the same approach but it would seem quite likely.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #19
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilzer View Post
Soooo....up to (and including 11/21) is $550 per hour with a 7 hour minimum and after the 21st through Christmas is $650 an hour. Itís too steep for us so we are out. Please feel free to use this thread to make contact with others who have posted they are interested.
SO, basically, $3850 total. Split among 10 folks, that's $385, which is not too bad for a 7-hour personal experience.

Cheers.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:04 AM   #20
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
We just did a private VIP tour in Disneyland and MFSR was included, but not unlimited, as our guide had to get a return time for us to ride each time we wanted to do it (we ended up doing it twice). I assume this is so that tour groups donít hog the ride too much by riding over and over again. I donít know if WDW would adopt the same approach but it would seem quite likely.
Sounds like they may handle it the same way they handle the Disability Access. You don't wait in line, but you do get a "come back" window that starts at the end of the current posted wait. That's fair.

Makes me think the way they work VIP tour guides is that they get FP access where there is FP, and DAS where there isn't.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote