home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #11
YMMDVCer
Studio

Looking forward to that special bus ride Jan 29th.
YMMDVCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #12
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Are the bus rides long enough to do any significant good? Not IMO. And probably a hassle if there are people standing.

Would like it on the ME buses from airport to resort and table service restaurants, though. Probably wouldn't use if there is a charge.
Maybe its just me, but I tend to run my phone down to 0.1% in the parks. Be nice for me to be able to plug in so I can send that message saying on the way or double checking to see if I need to get off at Jambo or Kidani.

That said, I fear this is all part of a plot to double the number of stops on the busses. People wont mind the longer drive times if we give them chargers. Heck, theyll probably thank us for the longer drives as it gives them more time to charge.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
If they really wanted to make people happy, they would put the chargers at the bus stations as we all know how long the wait times can be - easy for a full charge waiting for a bus.
This makes so much more sense than putting them on the buses. How many people are going to walk off without their phones and the bus is long gone before they realize it. This could end up being a huge hassle.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:17 PM   #14
Rozzie
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
If they really wanted to make people happy, they would put the chargers at the bus stations as we all know how long the wait times can be - easy for a full charge waiting for a bus.

I charge my phone often at the bus stations. I bring my cord and plug it into the electrical outlet. I can always find at least one. My phone is on it's last leg and the battery dwindles FAST. I am used to keeping my eyes peeled for any outlet I can find. Behind bushes, whatever it takes LOL...
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #15
gsthome74
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post

That said, I fear this is all part of a plot to double the number of stops on the busses. People wont mind the longer drive times if we give them chargers. Heck, theyll probably thank us for the longer drives as it gives them more time to charge.
Maybe its a plot for Disney to gather more data on their guests. USB is designed as a data transfer port. Im not sticking my cable into any random port. Who knows what Disney is sending or taking over that wire while theyre being nice guys and giving you some electricity in the process. The same can be said for any publicly available usb charging port.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #16
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsthome74 View Post
Maybe its a plot for Disney to gather more data on their guests. USB is designed as a data transfer port. Im not sticking my cable into any random port. Who knows what Disney is sending or taking over that wire while theyre being nice guys and giving you some electricity in the process. The same can be said for any publicly available usb charging port.
Ok now Im gonna start schlepping my portable charger and cord with me.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:13 AM   #17
SAMAYA
Studio

Interesting that first reports overnight on an aircraft fire was to do with a possible phone charger, thankfully it happened soon after take off and not half way across the Atlantic.

If it was a personal phone charger then it makes one wonder how can the airlines allow personal electrical devices to be used and plugged into the aircraft systems; all of which have been approved under rigorous checks and continuing inspection while the personal device might have been a cheap copy manufacture without little to no inspection. Scary on a flight, especially a transatlantic flight, but no so worrying in a Disney bus.

A Virgin Atlantic flight has made an emergency landing in Boston after a fire broke out on board. The plane was travelling from New York to London on Thursday night when the fire started, forcing the crew to divert the flight.

Police believe a mobile phone power bank may have caused the fire.
Bomb disposal officers inspected the aircraft after it landed and found a device between the cushions of the seat where the blaze started.

Preliminary investigation suggests it is a battery pack consistent in appearance with an external phone charger, a police spokesman told reporters.

Virgin Atlantic confirmed in a statement that the flight had been diverted to Boston due to reports of smoke in the cabin.

No major injuries were reported and all 217 passengers were safely evacuated from the aircraft at Boston's Logan International Airport.

Report taken from: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ding-on-board/

Last edited by SAMAYA; 07-05-2019 at 04:42 AM.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:34 AM   #18
pdude81
Grand Villa

Typically those things are brought on already charged fully. It doesn't need to plug into anything but the phone
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 AM   #19
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

>>>> Im not sticking my cable into any random port.

pretty good advice for most situations.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #20
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Honestly, am I the only one who leaves the cell phone in the room? It's wonderful freedom and a true vacation. That being said, I'm also in the minority that I don't like it. Just envisioning someone pushing into my space (just like parades) because their cell phone needs are greater than my personal space. Especially with them under the seats. How many times will my legs be pushed aside so they can plug in?
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote