home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 09:29 PM   #521
hlyntunstl
One Bedroom

Default I give up!!

Can someone please tell me what IP stands for? I get the context from the thread discussing Reflections - A Rehab Spa but have no clue what it actually is? I work in IT and know its not internet protocol and also know trying to search for a two letter word is futile. Our guesses are getting more creative so I hope someone can help me out.

See what happens when you dont check the boards for a couple of months...
hlyntunstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #522
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlyntunstl View Post
Can someone please tell me what IP stands for? I get the context from the thread discussing Reflections - A Rehab Spa but have no clue what it actually is? I work in IT and know it’s not internet protocol and also know trying to search for a two letter word is futile. Our guesses are getting more creative so I hope someone can help me out.

See what happens when you don’t check the boards for a couple of months...
IP = "Intellectual Property", i.e. ideas, concepts, writings, diagrams, images, etc that are copyrighted, registered, or otherwise owned.
In addition to the use you mentioned and no doubt others.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #523
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
IP = "Intellectual Property", i.e. ideas, concepts, writings, diagrams, images, etc that are copyrighted, registered, or otherwise owned.
Or it could just be the processes that you put into place and the audits, etc that you built and subsequently erased from your work computer(s) when you changed jobs because you felt it was you IP and they could sink or swim just as you did before you created it...
Old 08-19-2019, 10:49 PM   #524
hlyntunstl
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Thanks. It was driving us bonkers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Or it could just be the processes that you put into place and the audits, etc that you built and subsequently erased from your work computer(s) when you changed jobs because you felt it was you IP and they could sink or swim just as you did before you created it...
hlyntunstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:06 AM   #525
bakerworld
Grand Villa

On our cruise in June the DVC rep gave us 3 FPs. Can we choose which trip to use them or do we have to activate them to our next trip?

Personally, I'd rather wait to use them for our November trip when walking around would be more comfortable versus our Labor Day trip - where walking around will be kept to a minimum unless someone knows of a personal AC unit (I'm still trying to recover form June).
Old 08-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #526
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default proof of age

DH and I are hoping that on our next trips in Oct, Nov, and beyond, our 2 kids might be able to do a few things without us, while we are elsewhere (Oga's Cantina.) DD is 15, and DS is 12. Now we are not talking about them catching bus to MK, while we are in HS....more like , y'all ride Swirling saucers, Star Tours, ToT, etc in the same park.
f I 'm reading the age policy, someone under 14 (DS) must be accompanied by someone over 14.
My concern is that DD and DS look VERY young for their ages....VERY. At 15, DD is barely 4'10, and DS is like 4"9.
My question: Does Disney every ask for proof of age, etc, or do they just take someone's word for it??? I can have her bring her school ID if need be. would think her magic band would have some info, but I wasn't sure if CMs are likely to press any issues????
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:29 AM   #527
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
unless someone knows of a personal AC unit (I'm still trying to recover form June).
Sony is working on their "Reon Pocket" which is a device the size of a cell phone that slips into a special pocket between your shoulder blades, you control it with your phone and it cools thermoelectrically, bringing down your core temperature. The plan is to release it in Japan in 2020 in time for the Olympics at a price equivalent to $130, I could for sure see myself as the type of person to buy one...and if it works, putting one on my wife would make Disney trips much more pleasant

I remember being younger and experimenting with taping those blue ice packets to the insides of my wrists, in an attempt to bring down my body's temperature, see I was on the right track.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:11 PM   #528
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
DH and I are hoping that on our next trips in Oct, Nov, and beyond, our 2 kids might be able to do a few things without us, while we are elsewhere (Oga's Cantina.) DD is 15, and DS is 12. Now we are not talking about them catching bus to MK, while we are in HS....more like , y'all ride Swirling saucers, Star Tours, ToT, etc in the same park.
f I 'm reading the age policy, someone under 14 (DS) must be accompanied by someone over 14.
My concern is that DD and DS look VERY young for their ages....VERY. At 15, DD is barely 4'10, and DS is like 4"9.
My question: Does Disney every ask for proof of age, etc, or do they just take someone's word for it??? I can have her bring her school ID if need be. would think her magic band would have some info, but I wasn't sure if CMs are likely to press any issues????
I don't know the answer to your question on that but they don't want to go to Oga's? I guess I don't really want to go to Oga's again but I'd think they'd like to see it once anyway.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #529
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I don't know the answer to your question on that but they don't want to go to Oga's? I guess I don't really want to go to Oga's again but I'd think they'd like to see it once anyway.
ha, they will!! Wouldn't leave out our padawans totally. We have a couple of other reservations fr 4 (and 5 if I can get my older DS to join) Just trying to get an idea of if we decided to let them venture out together, what they might expect. Not nec just while we're at Oga's. haven't let them do much of that yet.

Last edited by Jedimom3; 08-23-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:31 PM   #530
oufpat
Two Bedroom

How many guests can a DVC member bring in early to the Halloween Party and is this Perk for direct sales only?
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote