home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 06:58 AM   #11
amydevoe
One Bedroom

We stayed at the Best Western DS hotel. It was nice, and if you aren't heading to the parks, I think the DS hotels are a good option. Like another poster mentioned though, they have high resort fees and the bus transport to/from the parks is very inconvenient and with no option of ME, it's def worth considering a WDW property.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #12
Joeli
Two Bedroom

FYI we usually stay at either a DVC resort, the Swan (Marriott), or the Hilton Bonnett Creek. However, as we are local and have a lot of friends that go to WDW we have been told that the "B" hotel in Disney Springs not only has suites, but it is very inexpensive. We have not looked into it as we are about to begin vacation home hunting in the WDW area, but thought I would share.

https://www.bhotelsandresorts.com

Upcoming:
2020 (Feb - BWV, Mar - PVB, Apr - PVB, May - PVB, Jul - PVB, Sept - DCL Fantasy)
2019 (Dec - RCCL Allure of the Seas)

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #13
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

I have stayed at the DoubleTree (longest walk), the Hilton (car rental on site), and the Buena Vista Palace (now a Hilton Property).

I really liked BVP the best but all 3 were just as nice as our DVC in my mind. Only difference was transport to parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Chiefs View Post
Hey Guys,

We are going to Disney springs for one day after the cruise, and see 7 Disney area resorts right by Disney springs. Wondering if anyone ever went to any of these resorts, and if any are better than others. It will be the 4 of us of which are -2 kids are (4,2)

Any you can walk to Disney springs safely? This will be in mid November.

Give me your suggestions.

Here are a link to the seven hotels
disneyspringshotels.com/

Steve

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:39 PM   #14
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Hope it's OK to post this. Maybe some could benefit from this deal I saw on another site.

Source: Fox 11 News Los Angeles [foxla.com]

For more information or to book this deal, visit Disney Springs Hotels [disneyspringshotels.com].

Quote:
[Orlando FL] Disney World Hotels Teacher Appreciation Rates Starting From $75 Per Night At Disney Springs
Quote:
The discount is good for all educators--from adminstration professionals to daycare workers. It's part of Disney's "Teacher Appreciation Rates."

According to DisneySpringsHotels.com, teachers can stay at the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista for rates starting at $75, which seems to be the lowest of the deals.

As for the rest of the hotels:
B Resort & Spa: from $89
Holiday Inn: from $95
Best Western: from $95.99
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: from $116
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: from $122
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton: from $129
In addition to staying on Disney property, guests get free shuttle buses to the parks every half hour, Extra Magic Hours to spend more time at the parks, and access to FastPass+ 60 days before your trip, so you can book a spot on your favorite rides with no-wait.

The deal comes in time for the opening of the highly anticipated 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' at Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 29.