home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #21
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Is there something extra special about the Mickey bars at Moonlight Magic? If not, it seems like an awful lot of hassle just to save $5 each.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:17 AM   #22
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
Is there something extra special about the Mickey bars at Moonlight Magic? If not, it seems like an awful lot of hassle just to save $5 each.
...and if you dropped one, wouldn't the next vendor give you another free one?

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #23
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
...and if you dropped one, wouldn't the next vendor give you another free one?
Apparently they were not being held in the freezer when giving them out so many had their ice cream fall.Whatever.

I am really glad I got to experience this promo. It will save me time and grief in the future if these types of promos come about again as we will not waste our time. Nice token, but in all reality not such a great perk IMO. Hoping others enjoyed it.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #24
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Apparently they were not being held in the freezer when giving them out so many had their ice cream fall.Whatever.

I am really glad I got to experience this promo. It will save me time and grief in the future if these types of promos come about again as we will not waste our time. Nice token, but in all reality not such a great perk. Hoping others enjoyed it.
It sounds like this one was somewhat of a let down, and I really hate that! I actually worried that this might be the case, so I didnít even try to get tickets.

OTOH, we thoroughly enjoyed the MM event at AK earlier this year. If you are traveling at the right time, I would still recommend trying the AK event. It was a LOT of fun for us!
Old 09-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Guys, if you can't disagree with a post without making it unnecessarily rude and personal, you can go throw sand in somebody else's sandbox.

Everybody has a right to their opinion of an event, and their experience of that event is their experience. It's not wise for a newcomer to trash a well-established and experienced member's experience of an event as if they don't know what's going on.

If you don't share the opinion, you don't have to tear them down, just note what your experience was.

I've deleted some posts and the mods are watching.

Dirk

Last edited by carolina_yankee; 09-28-2018 at 12:31 PM.
carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #26
twasbrillig12
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I attended the 9/19 MM and I had my stick come off, but held onto it and still ate it. I saw mine was taken from the freezer, but maybe constantly opening the door as there was a steady flow of guests on Sunset Blvd asking for them, caused them to thaw a little. I don't know what they could do to improve that, but good thing they're free!
twasbrillig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:26 PM   #27
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I don't understand the ice cream falling off the stick thing. They sells tens of thousands of those things every day and they work perfectly well.

I once got a Mickey sandwich that had come street from the freezer and nearly broke my tooth on it!!

I wonder if they aren't re-stocking given lower crowds for the evenings, so these have warmed up due to the open/closing as mentioned?

For the record, Disney has a history of having woefully implemented special events at DHS. The first Villains night was a prime example of failure to plan.

Wait until Galaxy's Edge opens. Disney will work have worked out the kinks, right? Hah!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 02:36 PM   #28
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I don't understand the ice cream falling off the stick thing. They sells tens of thousands of those things every day and they work perfectly well.

I once got a Mickey sandwich that had come street from the freezer and nearly broke my tooth on it!!

I wonder if they aren't re-stocking given lower crowds for the evenings, so these have warmed up due to the open/closing as mentioned?

For the record, Disney has a history of having woefully implemented special events at DHS. The first Villains night was a prime example of failure to plan.

Wait until Galaxy's Edge opens. Disney will work have worked out the kinks, right? Hah!

Dirk

You taking odds on the kinks being worked out for Galaxyís Edge? Iím planning to wait at least 6 months to a year after opening before I Even try to visit.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #29
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

For the ice cream, they literally had the box out of the freezer, sitting on top of it. When I asked for a strawberry one, they lifted the Mickey Bars box up and away so they could open the top door of the freezer to reach in and get mine out. Mind you, each day of the week topped 95 degrees, so it was still quite warm at night. It was actually the talk of the area as different people were forewarning others walking up to be aware that it might fall off their stick.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #30
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
For the ice cream, they literally had the box out of the freezer, sitting on top of it. When I asked for a strawberry one, they lifted the Mickey Bars box up and away so they could open the top door of the freezer to reach in and get mine out. Mind you, each day of the week topped 95 degrees, so it was still quite warm at night. It was actually the talk of the area as different people were forewarning others walking up to be aware that it might fall off their stick.
I HATE when that happens....

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote