home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Default Sharing DVC Gone Bad

BIL's SO wanted to stay in a hotel with a balcony and CRO, with every discount he could find, was too much so he asked if he could use our points. Fine. Placed him in BLT and told him to try out the TOWL. He asked for an DVC card so I gave him an old one. Told him to just try and get up using his bands - after all they'll show him staying in BLT on points.

Second day of his vacation he uses the old card to get into the Epcot DVC lounge. He calls DH to say he's been grilled because I gave him an old card. Dan sends him a cell picture of his current DVC card.

Fourth day of his vacation BIL uses the cell picture to get a discount on a souvenir purchase. After the clerk asks him for photo ID, which he tells her he left back at the room, he then gives his credit card!!! Hello Hello is anyone home ??!!?? Once again he calls DH to 'crow' over getting the discount even using his own credit card but complains about all the questions.

At this point we're just looking at each other in complete mystification over what he is doing. Meanwhile, he hasn't visited the TOWL lounge even once. Finally on the last night he's there he sneaks - yes, sneaks!! up the back stairs because he's afraid to even try legally after the last two fiascoes.

Never even occurred to us he'd try and use the card for anything except the TOWL. And I think that's about the last time for that.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Ha you are nicer than I am. I wouldn't have given them my old card (then again mine is falling apart) LOL
Old 05-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
MickeyFan787
Two Bedroom

Family is soooooo awesome!

BTW - what is CRO?
MickeyFan787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

good lord....

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #5
BugsDad
Grand Villa

Oh my! Ugh...

BugsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
jflatto
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan787 View Post
Family is soooooo awesome!

BTW - what is CRO?
CRO - Officially - Central Reservations Office but in this case, I am thinking "Cash reservation", either a hotel room or paying for a DVC room using cash.

Agree with others that you are too nice but he is family.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
swat08
One Bedroom

Ugh - its never easy when it's family!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Before we were DVC members, my brother was taking his family to WDW and I offered for him to use my AP for free parking. Well he apparently used it for everything including getting into the parks which he never asked me about. For the longest time, I always had trouble getting into any park with my AP. Some time down the road, it dawned on me that it was looking for his finger print instead of mine. Was able to finally re-register my fingerprint so it wouldn't happen again. I made a new policy never to let family "borrow" anything with respect to WDW again.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

I guess you should be grateful that many CM's could care less about who uses what and are just following procedures (even if not paying too much attention when doing so).

If "DVC ID theft/misuse" were common enough they'd be watching this a lot closer than it appears they are. Thankfully it seems a 20% discount on an item with (likely) a 500% markup is not worth policing too much.
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

My BF is planning her DGS's first trip, and she wants to use my perks. Her solution? She's taking me along!