home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
DVC Data

Arrow Resort to park transportation time

Iíve seen a lot of web sites and books list the travel times from the various resorts at Walt Disney World to the parks. The funny thing is, they all have different times listed.

Iíve put together the table below as an attempt to pull together and synthesize the information Iíve seen. Don't think of this as the most accurate, definitive list - because it's not - but just a suggested first draft. I'm sure there are corrections needed.

I'm looking for feedback from fellow MouseOwners, and I'll revise it as necessary.

So here is the first draft. Iíll now stand back and wait for all the needed corrections to come flowing in.

All numbers reflect minutes.

Notes:
  • Car travel to the MK includes driving to the TTC and taking the ferry over
  • I have not included the additional time of waiting for the next Disney transport
  • Times can vary widely, depending upon crowds, time of year, and other factors; Iím trying to get an average

Last edited by DVC Data; 06-24-2015 at 06:10 PM.
DVC Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

So what *did* you do? Average all sources? Decide which source(s) were most reliable? Inquiring minds want to know!

Certain bus travel times are highly variable, e.g.
-- Bus times for Epcot resorts depend on which resorts are included on a particular run.
-- Bus times for OKW resorts depend on whether they include using the internal bus system.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 03-28-2015 at 03:46 PM.
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #3
tarheelblue8853
Studio

Wow I have to say I was just looking for something like this yesterday. I am not sure I have much to add to help you in your quest, but I surely appreciate your efforts. Thanks for reading my mind and I can't wait to see the finished product!
tarheelblue8853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #4
ccsuwxman
Two Bedroom

I know you did not include bus waiting times, but if you just miss a bus, you can easily add 20 minutes to the times listed.

After our last stay at SSR (using only Disney Transportation) we decided we would never be without a car again. Plus it gives us the freedom to eat at off-property restaurants. In the space of a week, you might be able to save most of what the car costs when comparing off-site costs to Disney restaurants.
ccsuwxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
Syndrome
Grand Villa

Thanks Mike, great info !
Amazing how much more time it takes when driving a car to the parks . Its not the traveling time that gets you, its the toll booth, parking, shuttle transportation and Ferry or Monorail if its MK that adds lots of extra time.
We are often so torn about if we want to drive or take the Disney transportation that often times, we wished we did the exact opposite of what we are doing at the time !

Also, its good to see , especially for all the AKL complainers, that the AKL/AKV buses DO NOT take any longer than most of the other bus routes ............they are even shorter than some of them !

Good stuff Mike , Thanks !

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
tjstrike
One Bedroom

Thanks Mike, very informative.

tjstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #7
WiggleWorm
Studio

Thanks for this!

Can't say for sure because I've never actually timed it, but speaking about AKV, I feel like getting to DTD takes much longer than 20 minutes. The other times seem fairly accurate though. I wonder if some of the variation comes from timing it from Jambo vs. Kidani.
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Thanks Mike, great info !
Amazing how much more time it takes when driving a car to the parks . Its not the traveling time that gets you, its the toll booth, parking, shuttle transportation and Ferry or Monorail if its MK that adds lots of extra time.
We are often so torn about if we want to drive or take the Disney transportation that often times, we wished we did the exact opposite of what we are doing at the time !

Also, its good to see , especially for all the AKL complainers, that the AKL/AKV buses DO NOT take any longer than most of the other bus routes ............they are even shorter than some of them !

Good stuff Mike , Thanks !
Biggest problem IMO is not travel time but time waiting from AKL. Our buses were insanely slow when we stayed there last year. That was the only thing I didn't like about the resort. They were testing the screens with wait times and we were constantly seeing the numbers grow and grow....

But that's a whole other issue. I wrote about it to DVC since we regularly had to wait 20+ mins for a bus and we didn't 'just miss it' from the numbers already ther waiting. If they can work that out better I'd never complain about a bus.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:24 PM   #9
ghafler
Grand Villa

Thanks Mike!

I think these are directionally correct from our experience. Some wild cards include stops at water parks and traffic/time of day. For example a 5pm trip to DTD will generally take longer than one earlier in the day.

Also, return trips may take longer depending on where your resort is in relation to other resorts on the route. If memory serves, the return to VGF from AK stops at Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary before getting back to VGF, making the trip seem like it lasts forever!

22 Disney stays and counting at the Contemporary, Grand Floridian (Honeymoon), Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, Animal Kingdom Lodge (1st Trip with kids), Saratoga Springs, Kidani Village and the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian. 4 Disney cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. My 1st Walt Disney World Visit was in June '72 and the Most Crowded visit was on July 4th 1976.
ghafler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Mike!

A couple of things, the time from OKW to EPCOT seems high to me. I've only stayed at OKW twice (both time HH area), but I thought I remembered OKW to EPCOT being very quick. Maybe an OKW regular can comment ?

Also, these times don't seem to include the stop offs at the water parks ?

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote