home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Our go to way now I think.
So where do you go to check this out, is it on the DVC page? I might tuck it away for future use
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
So where do you go to check this out, is it on the DVC page? I might tuck it away for future use
Here you go https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...grocery-order/
Old 08-22-2019, 11:46 AM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I just want to verify that if you ahve the Instacart App, the notifications are inside the app. Our shopper messaged us and had the shopping done before we even boarded the plan in Newark. Everything was delivered to bell services and in good order.

Bell services delivered when I called, did not mention the $6 charge (unlike bell services at CCV), but it showed up anyway on my folio.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #24
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Bell services delivered when I called, did not mention the $6 charge (unlike bell services at CCV), but it showed up anyway on my folio.
So you walked to your room, called down and said, "I have groceries, please bring them up" and a little bit later they showed up? Life is good sometimes
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #25
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

Not OP, but appreciate the info as we wont have a car for first part of trip. Can you get alcohol delivered with Instacart?

Goofy Dad 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:02 AM   #26
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy Dad 13 View Post
Not OP, but appreciate the info as we wont have a car for first part of trip. Can you get alcohol delivered with Instacart?
Yes, alcohol can be delivered but someone over 21 has to be there to pick it up compared to Garden Grocer who will just deliver if they have a copy of your DL on-file. Being there to pick up from Instacart is not a problem since you can pick the window of time you'll know you'll be available.

Instacart will also shop of several stores so if you have a preferred alcohol store they will stop there - actually you pick the store or stores they shop.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:35 AM   #27
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Yes, alcohol can be delivered but someone over 21 has to be there to pick it up compared to Garden Grocer who will just deliver if they have a copy of your DL on-file. Being there to pick up from Instacart is not a problem since you can pick the window of time you'll know you'll be available.

Instacart will also shop of several stores so if you have a preferred alcohol store they will stop there - actually you pick the store or stores they shop.
There are mixed reports on if Disney will prove age to the driver with Instacart (and also Prime Now). I wish they would just decide on the policy to make it easier on people. Though I am not a fan of giving my license on file so not sure what options are best for them. In the meantime we'll just meet in person