home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
broganmc
Grand Villa

Default BroganMc and Family Return (October 2019 planning)

Hi everyone,

You'e seeing me on the boards again which means I must be planning a return trip to our Happy Place.

My dates are set for Sep 29 - Nov 2. The entire month of on and offsite travel. (Yeah I know I'm blessed.) As per usual the family is still making up their minds.

We've had a lot of changes in the family the last couple years. Almost done settling my dad's estate (seriously don't die... the paperwork will destroy your heirs). And of the 9 grandchildren 4 graduated in Spring. We've got a busy college graduate now in even busier grad school and 3 freshly minted HS grads going off to college next week. YIKES!

I'm still traveling down to Florida by AutoTrain (from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL). Easiest way to get my handicapped rampvan down south, although it does cost a pretty penny. That's why I go for several weeks to make it worthwhile. The one good deal out if for my family is I can always take one passenger with me for cheap airfare prices. They just have to show up at the station with me. It does mean I never know exactly who's going to join me though. My family are horrible procrastinators and last minute planners.

Anyway I will be at Bay Lake from Sep 29-Oct 4. (That's my official birthday week.)

October 4-8 is the family weekend at Saratoga. We've got 10 on the guest list but are hoping a couple more break free of their schedules to join us. (Doubtful.)

Oct 13 I'll leave Disney property and move offsite to Marriott Cypress Harbour. More visits to SeaWorld and Universal planned.

My cousin and uncle are joining me for the last week or so and traveling home with me by train.

Of course everyone wants to see Galaxy's Edge and ride every rollercoaster. I want to see the new EPCOT fireworks show. And I'd like to celebrate my birthday on Oct 2. (It's a landmark year for me, but my go to celebrant left me for heaven last year so I never seem to plan anything anymore. I'm hoping God has something good in mind that day. Better than car trouble or an emergency trip to the doctor.)

Any suggestions to make my trip better? What did I miss (besides Disney racks in more money while wait times get longer and Universal is planning a 4th park.)

Upcoming:
Florida Sep 29-4 (Bay Lake b-day trip)
Family October 4-12 (SSR)
Solo October 13-31 (Cypress Harbour)
NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Completed: Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #3
MMC1
Grand Villa

Sept30 last night for Illuminations. Epcot Forever premieres next night.
If you can’t find any good fastpas times make dummy ones for outdoor attractions and hope for rain to get the anytime advantage.
The new NBA Experience in Disney Springs actually looks like fun. I watched a Tim Tracker youtube for the premiere media event and lots to do even for non basketball fans .

And the Disney parks Blog has descriptions of new experiences for the MNSSP and MVMCP....

Last edited by MMC1; 08-14-2019 at 08:06 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:47 PM   #4
bubster
Grand Villa

I always enjoy reading your adventures. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:18 AM   #5
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Sept30 last night for Illuminations. Epcot Forever premieres next night.
If you canít find any good fastpas times make dummy ones for outdoor attractions and hope for rain to get the anytime advantage.
The new NBA Experience in Disney Springs actually looks like fun. I watched a Tim Tracker youtube for the premiere media event and lots to do even for non basketball fans .

And the Disney parks Blog has descriptions of new experiences for the MNSSP and MVMCP....
Thank you for the tips! I was hoping for a response like that. Helps me focus my research.

I just booked a FP+ for the new EPCOT Forever show on Oct 5th. That's the night everyone in the family is supposed to be there.

Illuminations was always my dad's and my favorite show. The lyrics to "We Go On" struck a nerve with us after my mom passed away. I cried when I thought I'd never get to enjoy it with him again (following his disastrous fall in 2008) and cried harder when that became a reality in 2018. Somehow it feels right now that they retire the old show and give me something new to enjoy. Right around my birthday too.

I think you gave me an idea for how to celebrate my birthday this year.

I'll look up those blogs and see what's new for the Halloween Party.

Upcoming:
Florida Sep 29-4 (Bay Lake b-day trip)
Family October 4-12 (SSR)
Solo October 13-31 (Cypress Harbour)
NYE Dec 28-Jan 3 (BLT)

Completed: Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:58 AM   #6
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I am so glad our dates cross . Perhaps we will finally get to meet up.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:38 AM   #7
MMC1
Grand Villa

I tried so hard to “catch up” with The broganmaccers with their last trip to WDW and Universal but they remain tricky with their plans often changing unexpectedly due to crazy family and weather and crowds interfering. I figured it would be easy to spot her with her personally designed hats and beautiful smiling face. I’ll keep trying also with their next trip.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We will be in WDW Oct 19-27, staying at Swan & Dolphin for Food& Wine.....Hope to see you around the World Showcase!