home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 07:51 PM   #191
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I would gladly give up the Disney Files Magazine....
You can't. I have tried very hard to get Disney to stop spamming my mailbox with this junk mail and they seem unable to stop.

Cheers.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:12 AM   #192
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Maybe we should ask ourselves Why do we want perks ?
I would gladly give up the Disney Files Magazine and the Member magic parties.
I think the 13 month Passes were nice. A discounted pass with no block outs would be nice.
We get discounts on Platinum and Platinum Plus as well.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:28 AM   #193
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
You can't. I have tried very hard to get Disney to stop spamming my mailbox with this junk mail and they seem unable to stop.
For about two years, we didn't get it...I think it coincided with us buying a second contract. They couldn't figure out why, but they must have passed enough notes around that it finally came one day.

I admit that the magazine is just pictures and news that anyone with an internet connection has seen for months. But I get excited when anything comes in the mail that has Disney on it. Even the bill for dues...except that fades quickly - I open the mailbox and see the blue Mickey on the envelope and go, "Yayy! Oh."
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #194
Nickys
Grand Villa

Mine is going to differ from most.

I do like the extra FP per day for staying on your own membership. So that get’s my vote.

Discounts on tickets, APs etc don’t benefit me at all. I’m in a minority of about 3 on this board, IIRC. But coming from the U.K., it is never going to cheaper for me to buy US tickets or an AP, unless I find the means to come every year, so I’m passing on that.

But one thing that is p***ing me off more and more is this stupid marketing bar. Because they don’t have a timeshare licence to sell in the UK, they refuse to send me anything except emails directly connected to my reservations.

Want a cruise brochure, or even read it online? Tough luck. New resort brochures? Tough luck. Not even “here you are but you know we can’t sell it, right?”. I mean I can book a cruise, but I can’t receive anything about a cruise? That’s total c**p. A friend downloaded it and emailed me a link because she felt it was crazy.

As someone said, I own a (share in a) property in Florida and I can’t actually get stuff about it emailed to me. I can’t buy a holiday home there either unless I sign in person, in Florida, but I can get stuff mailed or emailed to me about them. But Disney won’t even do that.

I’m fed up of being treated like a non- entity by them. So that’s my big wish.

And now I wish I hadn’t started, because it’s just making me angry.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #195
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Mine is going to differ from most.

I do like the extra FP per day for staying on your own membership. So that getís my vote.

Discounts on tickets, APs etc donít benefit me at all. Iím in a minority of about 3 on this board, IIRC. But coming from the U.K., it is never going to cheaper for me to buy US tickets or an AP, unless I find the means to come every year, so Iím passing on that.

But one thing that is p***ing me off more and more is this stupid marketing bar. Because they donít have a timeshare licence to sell in the UK, they refuse to send me anything except emails directly connected to my reservations.

Want a cruise brochure, or even read it online? Tough luck. New resort brochures? Tough luck. Not even ďhere you are but you know we canít sell it, right?Ē. I mean I can book a cruise, but I canít receive anything about a cruise? Thatís total c**p. A friend downloaded it and emailed me a link because she felt it was crazy.

As someone said, I own a (share in a) property in Florida and I canít actually get stuff about it emailed to me. I canít buy a holiday home there either unless I sign in person, in Florida, but I can get stuff mailed or emailed to me about them. But Disney wonít even do that.

Iím fed up of being treated like a non- entity by them. So thatís my big wish.

And now I wish I hadnít started, because itís just making me angry.
Deeep breath! All excellent reasons to be annoyed! But itís too early in the week (here) to get your blood pressure up over things that you canít fix. Definitely an imperfect system.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #196
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Deeep breath! All excellent reasons to be annoyed! But itís too early in the week (here) to get your blood pressure up over things that you canít fix. Definitely an imperfect system.
I know, but thank you! It only pís me off when I actually want something. Like the cruise brochure and I wasnít even allowed to download it.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:28 PM   #197
MMC1
Grand Villa

[quote=Nickys;1576357]

There must be an explanation. I am guessing cost to mail or maybe even legal reasons outside of US . The USPS gives corporate discount for mass mailings within the US probably.

In reality , if we have to live without plastic straws , it is time to discontinue the ink and paper waste for most publicity, etc.
How much waste & cost with magic bands must we continue to endure?

I wish Disney would have a public vote or survey for serious issues that are increasing the basic cost of DVC creating yearly increase for price per point with every new construction and new year point charts plus maintenance, etc.
I am not sure what falls into DVD vs member budgeting but it feels like we pay in the end.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #198
Nickys
Grand Villa

[quote=MMC1;1576377]
Quote:

There must be an explanation. I am guessing cost to mail or maybe even legal reasons outside of US . The USPS gives corporate discount for mass mailings within the US probably.

In reality , if we have to live without plastic straws , it is time to discontinue the ink and paper waste for most publicity, etc.
How much waste & cost with magic bands must we continue to endure?

I wish Disney would have a public vote or survey for serious issues that are increasing the basic cost of DVC creating yearly increase for price per point with every new construction and new year point charts plus maintenance, etc.
I am not sure what falls into DVD vs member budgeting but it feels like we pay in the end.
Disney as a corporation certainly over-reacted to certain new regulations in Europe about stuff like recurring payments etc in the last year or so. Things like refusing to renew any overseas D23 memberships etc; that particular issue seems to have been resolved (DS got an invitation to rejoin).

But they are presumably restricting anything from DVC ďjust in caseĒ they contravene the terms of the licence. At least they still mail out Disney Files. And our annual dues of course.

But things like stopping us download a cruise brochure - thatís bizarre. I can phone DCL and book with them, I just canít see what Iím booking, beyond the actual web page. So I canít actually see whatís included or read the small print until Iíve booked.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #199
Adelard of Bath
Two Bedroom

Quote:
But things like stopping us download a cruise brochure - thatís bizarre. I can phone DCL and book with them, I just canít see what Iím booking, beyond the actual web page. So I canít actually see whatís included or read the small print until Iíve booked.
Do that thing like in a spy movie and bounce your IP around and make it look like your computer is in the US! People get "virtual private networks" to hide whatever they are looking at, you could use it to look at that illicit Disney stuff.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote