home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #21
Robrown
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Flew Frontier once, a non-stop from Columbus, Ohio to Las Vegas. The flight was cheap, but it was like sitting on a wood plank for the flight. If your flight is short, ok. If you are spending more than a couple of hours in the torture device they call a seat, it is worth the extra money for another airline.
Robrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #22
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I just did a price comparison for our upcoming August trip. At 6 weeks, Frontier from Trenton or United out of Newark, seat for seat (extended leg room, checked bag), time for time is $700.

Further a trip further out, the savings aren't as much. It would certainly be worth looking into but I've not had the best of luck with small airlines and a cancellation for a Disney trip would really bum me considering all the effort that goes into planning, etc.

Actually, it's cheaper to fly first class on United if purchased today than coach with extra legroom!

Demand pricing. . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #23
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Whew.....their fees add up quick!
Both times we used them we skipped the carry-on and bought 1 checked bag, which we shared for 3 people. Last time flew 3 RT Sunday to Friday for $536.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #24
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrown View Post
Flew Frontier once, a non-stop from Columbus, Ohio to Las Vegas. The flight was cheap, but it was like sitting on a wood plank for the flight. If your flight is short, ok. If you are spending more than a couple of hours in the torture device they call a seat, it is worth the extra money for another airline.
Activated my BIL's sciatica
Old 07-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #25
johnb
Studio

Yeah, the seats on Frontier a really uncomfortable. We fly PHL-MCO and the two hours in the air is about my limit for being that uncomfortable. I buy an aisle seat so I can stretch and shift around as much as possible.

Since SWA has cut back on their PHL-MCO flights, we've flown Frontier a few times because the flight times were more convenient than the SWA flights. Comparing the prices, they're pretty close if you're paying for luggage and a seat assignment on Frontier. We buy snacks and bottled water in the terminal to avoid the cost on Frontier.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #26
Disnydad
Two Bedroom

Smile

Only used Frontier once. Paid extra to choose my isle seat with extra legroom up front. Woman boarding late with a cat and she had booked a bulkhead seat. Well no cat allowed in that row so flight attendant had me move to accommodate the damned cat (I'm at cat owner so don't throw stuff at me). So I wound up with a middle seat at the bulkhead with no tray and my carry on several rows behind me. And I could hear that cat cry the whole flight. Although when my cat flies she is quiet as a mouse.

Too many WDW visits to count now that I live nearby. 1 DL trip & 5 Disney Cruises.
Disnydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 PM   #27
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

If you signup to be a den member then you can save even more. Cost to become a den member is $59 for the year - we’ve found some flights as low as $19 to start. We’ve become really good at packing 1 carry on for 3-5 people! 2 are needed if we go during the winter for all the heavier clothes.

Still more enjoyable flight that United any day even with the hard seat.

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote