home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #21
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmoneous View Post
Maybe it’s just me, but I tend to run my phone down to 0.1% in the parks. Be nice for me to be able to plug in so I can send that message saying “on the way” or double checking to see if I need to get off at Jambo or Kidani.

That said, I fear this is all part of a plot to double the number of stops on the busses. People won’t mind the longer drive times if we give them chargers. Heck, they’ll probably thank us for the longer drives as it gives them more time to charge.
I generally kill my phone in the parks. Between constantly using the Park app and texting all my co-workers amazing pictures of what I’m doing while they are stuck at work, the battery dies rather quickly. That’s why I invested in a Fuelrod. I do multiple exchanges daily, and always have a working phone.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #22
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsthome74 View Post
Maybe it’s a plot for Disney to gather more data on their guests. USB is designed as a data transfer port. I’m not sticking my cable into any random port. Who knows what Disney is sending or taking over that wire while they’re being nice guys and giving you some electricity in the process. The same can be said for any publicly available usb charging port.

Only one time this would've been helpful. I stupidly forgot to charge my cell phone at night and we wound up bringing our battery charger instead. None of us seem to run phones down that much in a day. I managed to get my phone up to 75% by the time we got to the park so it was good for the day.

I use it for texting family when we split up as well as I'm in charge of the MDE info. Also my camera so I wouldn't want to go without, but my phone holds enough charge that normally this isn't helpful t me.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #23
pdude81
Grand Villa

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than the sticky carpeting from Mickey Bars on Disney Air
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #24
swat08
One Bedroom

I like the idea but will probably just stick to using the fuel rod. I bought it a couple of trips ago and really like it. So easy to charge your phone on the go when needed and then just swap out for a fully charged one. There are enough kiosks that I have been able to find one when I need to without going out of my way.
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #25
dantr
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
If they really wanted to make people happy, they would put the chargers at the bus stations as we all know how long the wait times can be - easy for a full charge waiting for a bus.
That would be awesome!
Old 07-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #26
jphillips716
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Sounds like a good idea in theory... maybe it would be used some of the time. It will be interesting to see if it takes off.
jphillips716 is offline   Reply With Quote