home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 06:44 PM   #101
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
I was on the phone with MS at exactly 6 am PDT/9 am EDT. Requested the 5 pm show with Via Napoli for dinner around 6:15 pm or later on Christmas Eve.

The CM couldn't book dinner after the show. CM tries again. Nada. Puts me on hold to check with her supervisor about why she can't get it configured that way. After about 10 minutes the CM comes back on the line and says there are only four restaurants that are offering the dine after the show option: Coral Reef, Garden Grill, Biergarten, and one other I don't remember right now.

I point out that it would have been helpful to have this information from Disney before today as it has now been almost half an hour I have been on the phone and if I had know that information in advance I would have asked for lunch immediately at the beginning of the phone call. The CM assures me that supervisor has already spoken with others about that exact issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Called DVC at 4:30p today. No wait. The CM did have trouble finding how to book the show first with dinner after. Apparently not all restaraunts are available every night for the after show dinner reservation. Rose and Crown was not availability on Wed. Dec. 11. So had to book Friday Dec. 13 for 5:00p show and 7:15p dinner. That night is Gary Sinse so I guess itís all good. Hear he does an excellent show.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Not all restaurants have the option to dine after the show. That would be why Via Napoli and Chefs de France stop at 5:30.
See above. Wish I could remember the fourth restaurant she listed.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #102
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

This early CP booking was one of those "benefits" that really is a non-benefit but can be used for marketing. CP booking just isn't that cut throat. I believed that would be the case and booked online today and the difficult restaurants, times etc were all available.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #103
OldHalfElf
Studio

Default Two supporting observations

1. I reserved Chefs de France for a 12/28 Candlelight Processional yesterday, and the charge was on my online credit card balance within ten minutes.

2. Via Napoli was unavailable.

OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #104
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHalfElf View Post
1. I reserved Chefs de France for a 12/28 Candlelight Processional yesterday, and the charge was on my online credit card balance within ten minutes.

Oh yeah, they donít mess around, when the money is flowing into THEIR pockets.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #105
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHalfElf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Oh yeah, they donít mess around, when the money is flowing into THEIR pockets.
But I wonder how long it will take to receive the credit when I cancel one of my two CP dining packages.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #106
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
This early CP booking was one of those "benefits" that really is a non-benefit but can be used for marketing. CP booking just isn't that cut throat. I believed that would be the case and booked online today and the difficult restaurants, times etc were all available.

Yep, exactly. Barring a few select cases already discussed, most dates will have several options for quite some time.

Booked myself for Chefs de France dinner package on Christmas Day. Havenít decided on my other choice(s) yet.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote