home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-02-2019, 11:50 PM   #51
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathpack View Post
Wow such dog intolerance! Itís amusing how dogs make folks here rabid. Somehow a cute dog outside a store is turned into a ďfake service dog who lunges at peopleĒ.

Get off my lawn!
Yep. I donít really see anything ďcuteĒ about it. Some people, like me, donít like to be around strange dogs. I donít inflict my animals on anyone else, and I would appreciate it if others would show the same courtesy.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #52
heathpack
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Yep. I donít really see anything ďcuteĒ about it. Some people, like me, donít like to be around strange dogs. I donít inflict my animals on anyone else, and I would appreciate it if others would show the same courtesy.
Bah humbug

Member DVC Hilton Head Island & Villas at Grand Californian
Hyatt Residence Club High Sierra Lodge, Tahoe
Hyatt Residence Club Highlands Inn, Carmel CA
Marriott Vacation Club Barony Beach Resort,Hilton Head
Marriott Vacation Club Mountainside, Park City
Vistana Signature Network Broadway Plantation, Myrtle Beach
heathpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #53
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Wow such dog intolerance! It’s amusing how dogs make folks here rabid. Somehow a cute dog outside a store is turned into a “fake service dog who lunges at people”.

Get off my lawn!
No, I just have a strong intolerance for those who decide to break the rules and make it harder for those with legitimate service animals. I'm actually a massive pet lover, I am just sick to death of people bringing their pets into places that they are not allowed to at the expense of those with legitimate service animals. Some rules are not meant to be broken and this is one of them. Once I realized this was not in a park, I thought it was a cute picture.

Last edited by helenabear; 07-03-2019 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Typo
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #54
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Wow such dog intolerance! Itís amusing how dogs make folks here rabid. Somehow a cute dog outside a store is turned into a ďfake service dog who lunges at peopleĒ.

Get off my lawn!
I'm totally fine with the dog. If dogs aren't allowed at Disney, I'm absolutely not fine with the owner.

Disney Springs may be a gray area. It's private property, but it's not in a park or resort. Still, dog is not going to wander through DS for an hour or more without peeing some place and I don't see DS set up for that.

Parks, resorts that permit dogs, and Disney Spring all have relief areas for service dogs trained to use such areas. Is the random dog so trained? I know mine will definitely mark his journey along the way, not matter how much I tug him along not to. He would also be miserable in the heat and hot concrete, so he wouldn't be there in the first place.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #55
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Yep. I don’t really see anything “cute” about it. Some people, like me, don’t like to be around strange dogs. I don’t inflict my animals on anyone else, and I would appreciate it if others would show the same courtesy.
And I'll add that dogs are NOT people. They are NOT our kids. They are pets and animals yet it is a growing trend to be treating our dogs as our kids. I get loving our pets and taking great care of them but, no, they don't want to wear dumbo ears to take a photo in front of the castle...no, they don't get the feels about doing that like our 5 year old human child might. In a HOT CROWDED PARK on the HOT PAVEMENT. No, they don't want to fly in an airplane in a seat next to us and sit in a hotel room and treck through a hot park. They'd rather stay at Aunt Karen's with her 2 dogs and a backyard with squirrels...or stay at doggie resort with dog runs and treats and humans to give pats once in a while.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #56
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
And I'll add that dogs are NOT people. They are NOT our kids. They are pets and animals yet it is a growing trend to be treating our dogs as our kids. I get loving our pets and taking great care of them but, no, they don't want to wear dumbo ears to take a photo in front of the castle...no, they don't get the feels about doing that like our 5 year old human child might. In a HOT CROWDED PARK on the HOT PAVEMENT. No, they don't want to fly in an airplane in a seat next to us and sit in a hotel room and treck through a hot park. They'd rather stay at Aunt Karen's with her 2 dogs and a backyard with squirrels...or stay at doggie resort with dog runs and treats and humans to give pats once in a while.
Truth be told, I'm also tired of people thinking their kids are the best things in the world and we should all be amused by them too. Too many people think their loves should be our loves. I'm kind of over it.

I love pets, but I also think they should be at home or well cared for - that's where they are the happiest usually. Service animals are a different ballgame though. Those owners are different though than usual pet owners.

I do think that Disney Springs is okay for dogs? If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I don't mind them there if they are allowed.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #57
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #58
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Truth be told, I'm also tired of people thinking their kids are the best things in the world and we should all be amused by them too. Too many people think their loves should be our loves. I'm kind of over it.

I love pets, but I also think they should be at home or well cared for - that's where they are the happiest usually. Service animals are a different ballgame though. Those owners are different though than usual pet owners.

I do think that Disney Springs is okay for dogs? If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I don't mind them there if they are allowed.
I donít have a problem with actual service dogs. Iíve never ever had one jump all over me or try to be my new best friend. The ones Iíve encountered were well behaved to the point that you could actually forget they were there.

Are they allowed at Disney Springs? I donít know. But itís not a grassy park where you could play fetch or just hang out. Itís a glorified shopping mall. And when was the last time a dog asked itís owner to go to the mall? I donít care for strange dogs, as Iíve said. But the problem lies with the owner who is dragging the animal places that they would likely rather not be, not with the dog.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #59
nrspepe
Two Bedroom

Looks like a staged photo op to me. I see no drooling on apples and no harm done.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote