home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #41
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconner View Post

Wow.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #42
Tessa
Two Bedroom

I feel badly for the mother- she obviously found herself in a situation where she knew she needed help for her baby and made the best choice she could. How many times have we heard about new mothers who abandon their babies with a tragic ending. I give her credit for realizing that handing her baby to another adult (albeit a stranger) was the best thing she could do, short of finding a "safe haven."
Old 11-06-2018, 08:49 AM   #43
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
I feel badly for the mother- she obviously found herself in a situation where she knew she needed help for her baby and made the best choice she could. How many times have we heard about new mothers who abandon their babies with a tragic ending. I give her credit for realizing that handing her baby to another adult (albeit a stranger) was the best thing she could do, short of finding a "safe haven."
It may be a little more complex than that as the she is apparently the child's actual mother. Likely some psychological factors involved.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #44
Joeli
Two Bedroom

Instead of posting a new thread, and I thought the interesting twist on the abandoned baby deserved to be here.

I have been shaking my head in amazement at this "recent" act of stupidity.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/woman-arre...-by-a-harness/

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:29 AM   #45
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Instead of posting a new thread, and I thought the interesting twist on the abandoned baby deserved to be here.

I have been shaking my head in amazement at this "recent" act of stupidity.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/11/woman-arre...-by-a-harness/
After 5 pages of Mouseowners comments, Orlando news station WKMG states "In a surprising twist, authorities later discovered the woman who claimed she had been handed the newborn baby was actually the child’s mother."

My father was right when he'd tell me: "there's always more to the story".

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:36 AM   #46
Joeli
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
After 5 pages of Mouseowners comments, Orlando news station WKMG states "In a surprising twist, authorities later discovered the woman who claimed she had been handed the newborn baby was actually the child’s mother."

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #47
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Sad, but at least the baby is safe.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #48
ziravan
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
How very sad.

One year I had a baby experience . I was sitting a
On a bench when the family next to me had a minor crisis. The mother had to go find son three who took off and asked me to watch son four an infant in a stroller. Father was with son one and two on a ride . She took off. I was in shock as this was a stranger . Ofcourse infant started crying . After a few minutes I picked up the baby , found a bottle and started feeding . Half a bottle later daddy returned to find no wife and a total stranger calmly feeding the baby.

In a few minutes mom and other son returned .

We laughed and called it a unique wdw baby swap .
Not quite as good a story but: when my now grown son was about a week old, I took him to a baseball game. I’m from Texas, was stationed in the DC area and had bought tickets to see the Rangers at Camden Yards at the beginning of the season. As a testament to how long ago this was, it was the inaugural season at Camden Yards.

This grandmotherly lady two rows behind me clucked the whole first half of the game about, “Can you believe they brought a baby so young to a baseball game!?”

About the 4th inning, I finally turned around, looked her straight in the eyes and said, “Would you like to hold him?”

Her: “Can I?”

She held that child for the rest of the game.

ETA: you can look up anything on the internet these days. He was born 6/25 and the Texas series that year was a 4 game series the weekend of 7/16, so he was 3 weeks old.

Last edited by ziravan; 11-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.
ziravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #49
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssconner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
It may be a little more complex than that as the she is apparently the child's actual mother. Likely some psychological factors involved.

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post

See post #37 on page 4 and Post #43 above on this page.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote