home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #21
Joeli
Two Bedroom
 
Joeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 740
Default

When we were in Disney two trips ago, and on a VIP tour, we had decided to do RNRR at DHS. As our kids (DS4.5 and DS2) were both not tall enough our awesome tour guide watched the kids while DW and I went on the ride for our first time ever. There was a little bit of a delay with the ride but the FP made up for it. When we walked outside we see our guide with the kids, and he tells us the following.

You see that 4 year old boy there with the phone sitting by himself? The mother was so upset that her 4 year old was not tall enough to get on the ride with the other two siblings and her, she decided to LEAVE him alone, and stated to people someone watch my kid, I will be back. This was to a GROUP of strangers!!! He then told us she spotted him and thought he was a CM ands asked him to watch her kid while she took her others on the ride. He told her that this was not something he could do as he was not a CM and he would not be able to do anything for her (and I guess she saw him watching our two kids - 1 in the double stroller). Needless to say she left the kid and walked away.

Just so that you know our guide did what he was supposed to and contacted a supervisor. He also told us, that in the past when things like this happen, people end up going to what we all call "big boy/girl jail". He said that normally (which is amazing that this happens so often) that they contact DFS (Department of Family Services) immediately.

I am still shaking my head today as I recall this event....
__________________

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #22
Humphrey_Bear
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Humphrey_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 62
Default

This is the double edge I think to the Disney bubble. People seem far more trusting to leave their kids alone or with strangers. Frightening!!
__________________
Humphrey_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #23
Joeli
Two Bedroom
 
Joeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
When we were in Disney two trips ago, and on a VIP tour, we had decided to do RNRR at DHS. As our kids (DS4.5 and DS2) were both not tall enough our awesome tour guide watched the kids while DW and I went on the ride for our first time ever. There was a little bit of a delay with the ride but the FP made up for it. When we walked outside we see our guide with the kids, and he tells us the following.

You see that 4 year old boy there with the phone sitting by himself? The mother was so upset that her 4 year old was not tall enough to get on the ride with the other two siblings and her, she decided to LEAVE him alone, and stated to people someone watch my kid, I will be back. This was to a GROUP of strangers!!! He then told us she spotted him and thought he was a CM ands asked him to watch her kid while she took her others on the ride. He told her that this was not something he could do as he was not a CM and he would not be able to do anything for her (and I guess she saw him watching our two kids - 1 in the double stroller). Needless to say she left the kid and walked away.

Just so that you know our guide did what he was supposed to and contacted a supervisor. He also told us, that in the past when things like this happen, people end up going to what we all call "big boy/girl jail". He said that normally (which is amazing that this happens so often) that they contact DFS (Department of Family Services) immediately.

I am still shaking my head today as I recall this event....

I almsot forgot to mention...all of this for a RIDE?!?! WTF is wrong with people.
__________________

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #24
ssconner
Studio
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 168
Default

That's so very sad. And very random... wonder why she went to AKL (or was she there then went into labor?) and not the reedy creek fire station 10 minutes away. Thankfully the baby is in better hands now.
ssconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:09 AM   #25
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy View Post
Wow. You must be trusting looking. Then again, with four boys, I totally feel for that mother. My financial advisor had 4 boys in 5 years. His wife doesn’t remember 7 years of her life! Thanks goodness you were there.
I was glad to help. But it is never safe to leave your kids with strangers . She had no way of knowing I might just up and leave the infant alone under a tree.

And even though I knew she was chasing her toddler the thought occurred to me what if she never returns.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #26
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
When we were in Disney two trips ago, and on a VIP tour, we had decided to do RNRR at DHS. As our kids (DS4.5 and DS2) were both not tall enough our awesome tour guide watched the kids while DW and I went on the ride for our first time ever. There was a little bit of a delay with the ride but the FP made up for it. When we walked outside we see our guide with the kids, and he tells us the following.

You see that 4 year old boy there with the phone sitting by himself? The mother was so upset that her 4 year old was not tall enough to get on the ride with the other two siblings and her, she decided to LEAVE him alone, and stated to people someone watch my kid, I will be back. This was to a GROUP of strangers!!! He then told us she spotted him and thought he was a CM ands asked him to watch her kid while she took her others on the ride. He told her that this was not something he could do as he was not a CM and he would not be able to do anything for her (and I guess she saw him watching our two kids - 1 in the double stroller). Needless to say she left the kid and walked away.

Just so that you know our guide did what he was supposed to and contacted a supervisor. He also told us, that in the past when things like this happen, people end up going to what we all call "big boy/girl jail". He said that normally (which is amazing that this happens so often) that they contact DFS (Department of Family Services) immediately.

I am still shaking my head today as I recall this event....
So let me get this straight. This woman walked off and left her 4 yo so that she could get on a RIDE ?!?!
What a sorry excuse for a human being. DFS definitely needs to get involved in that family. That trip to big girl jail is well deserved.
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #27
Joeli
Two Bedroom
 
Joeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
So let me get this straight. This woman walked off and left her 4 yo so that she could get on a RIDE ?!?!
What a sorry excuse for a human being. DFS definitely needs to get involved in that family. That trip to big girl jail is well deserved.
Yep, crazy isn't it?! The other crazy part that he told us it happens so often there. Really makes you wonder how some people can call themselves parents.
__________________

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #28
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado
 
disneycrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto area
Posts: 7,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
I was glad to help. But it is never safe to leave your kids with strangers . She had no way of knowing I might just up and leave the infant alone under a tree.

And even though I knew she was chasing her toddler the thought occurred to me what if she never returns.
I'm not saying that it was right....I would never do it. But I only have two and we rarely split up at the parks...even now and they are 18 and 16. But what do you do if your choice is to leave one with a complete stranger or have the other out of your sight and not knowing where that one is or has gone? Yes, she should have probably taken the baby with her and started to look around...but that may not have entered her mind. My kids would not knowingly run off, but given the location etc...it only takes a second and they are out of sight and given noise levels at the parks and the number of places they could go....nightmare.
__________________
Me:Kelly DH DD19 DS17
disneycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #29
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Yep, crazy isn't it?! The other crazy part that he told us it happens so often there. Really makes you wonder how some people can call themselves parents.
Last year, we were at WL and had a 4 or 5 year old in the hot tub while we were using it. I thought that she was with the other family in the hot tub, but when they got out I quickly realized that she wasn’t. I asked her where her mommy and daddy were. She said that Daddy was sleeping. Apparently Mommy wandered off to the bar and left the kid in the pool area alone. When we got out of the hot tub, about 30 minutes later, still no parents. We informed a CM at the pool.
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #30
Joeli
Two Bedroom
 
Joeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Last year, we were at WL and had a 4 or 5 year old in the hot tub while we were using it. I thought that she was with the other family in the hot tub, but when they got out I quickly realized that she wasn’t. I asked her where her mommy and daddy were. She said that Daddy was sleeping. Apparently Mommy wandered off to the bar and left the kid in the pool area alone. When we got out of the hot tub, about 30 minutes later, still no parents. We informed a CM at the pool.
In the water with no parental supervision, I personally would not have waited 30 minutes. You are much nicer than I am. I wouldn't be surprised that a phone call would have been made to DFS... CRAZY!
__________________

Upcoming:
Sept 2020 - DCL Fantasy
Jul 2020 - PVB
May 2020 - PVB
Apr 2020 - PVB
Mar 2020 - PVB
Feb 2020 - BWV
Dec/Jan 2020 - PVB/BWV (Split for NYE)
Dec 2019 - RCCL Allure of the Seas

Done:
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software