home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Oh, No, They Didn't!!!!! (Guests Behaving Badly)
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 07:56 AM   #61
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
And, yet, people have been doing these same things for many years...and still the human race survives!

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
So very true!
... with a rise in infectious diseases and compromised immune systems. Surviving is not just having brain activity

Mass Transit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #62
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Transit View Post
... with a rise in infectious diseases and compromised immune systems. Surviving is not just having brain activity
And many are pointing as to why there are more issues with immune systems and allergies. So keep hand sanitizer, antibiotics for every cold, and crap away from me. My brain can rationalize how over cleaning is screwing us all up.

Joking but not joking... just wash hands in regular non antibacterial soap and you might live
Old 08-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #63
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
And many are pointing as to why there are more issues with immune systems and allergies. So keep hand sanitizer, antibiotics for every cold, and crap away from me. My brain can rationalize how over cleaning is screwing us all up.

Joking but not joking... just wash hands in regular non antibacterial soap and you might live
"Antibacterial" is at best a crock.
Fact: Bacteria are the dominant life form on Earth and inhabit every surface and ocean and soil down to a considerable depth, not to mention our own bodies, which contain more bacterial cells than our own cells. (Yes, it's true!)

The only thing "antibacterial" products will do is kill some and teach the rest to adapt to its ingredients.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #64
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Iím happy for nature to take itís course. Sick guests thin the crowds for me!

Of course, for a genuinely immuno-suppressed person, I have deepest sympathy and wish them a safe and healthy Disney experience.

Iím in the ďa few little germs never hurt (most) anybodyĒ camp. We should get sick every now and then to build up our resistance to more serious stuff.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:18 PM   #65
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Iím in the ďa few little germs never hurt (most) anybodyĒ camp. We should get sick every now and then to build up our resistance to more serious stuff.

Dirk
Old 08-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #66
krisephillips
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyguy1958 View Post
Yep, this happens somewhat frequently on Pirates. My daughter, working at Pirates in her college program now has told me of at least 3 instances in February where some nit wit decides they are getting out before the disembarkation gate. The ride goes down, they have to clear everyone out and then cycle ALL the boats through the entire ride before they can reopen the ride - 15 minutes at least. Stupid is as stupid does...
EXACTLY!! 2 weeks ago we were on the Carousel of Progress and during the second scene someone decided they were done watching and walked out. They get on the loud speaker and yell at everyone not to walk out during the show, then you have to sit through the whole 2nd scene again from the beginning.

If this was not enough, it happens again during the 3rd scene also!!!! Funniest part was someone else in the theater started yelling at the person leaving calling them a "mindless buffoon"

(Good thing I enjoy the COP)

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #67
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
This. We're compromising our own immune systems and then looking for others to blame. Well, not me as I know better than to use this crap in all but a few rare situations. But the population as a whole.

It's not the germs that are doing anything different, it's us. The germs are smarter than we are. Some of us, anyway.

Cheers.