home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Irma Cancellations

Disney is bringing the Fantasy back to Port Canaveral 2 days early, Thursday, and canceling the September 9 sailing altogether.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/g...25389097536219

Also cancellations for the Dream. Based on projected tracks and timings, they really have no choice.

Quote:
Tropical Weather Update
September 5, 2017 – 7:30 p.m.
Based on the projected path of Hurricane Irma, including its expected impact on the Caribbean and Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Fantasy
The September 2 cruise of the Disney Fantasy is currently sailing a modified Western Caribbean itinerary and is expected to return to Port Canaveral two days earlier than planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests on this sailing will be refunded two nights of their voyage fare and provided a 25 percent discount on a future cruise, which may be booked by calling 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

The September 9 sailing of the Disney Fantasy is cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount by calling us at 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma and provide updates as necessary.

Disney Dream
The September 4 cruise of the Disney Dream is sailing a modified Bahamian cruise itinerary and will return to Port Canaveral one day earlier than planned on Thursday, September 7. Guests on this sailing will be refunded one night of their voyage fare and provided a 25 percent discount on a future cruise, which may be booked by calling 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

The September 8 and September 11 sailings of the Disney Dream are cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for the cruise booking. Guests are invited to book a future cruise at a 25 percent discount by calling us at 1-855-347-2784 or 407-566-7054 from September 18, 2017, through October 18, 2017.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Irma and provide updates as necessary.

Dirk
Old 09-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
JudieHopps
One Bedroom

Thanks for the update. Good for Disney for making the decision.
A tough call for a no win situation for sure.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #3
jotunhiem
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

It's also nice that they are offering a significant discount on future bookings for the inconvenience.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #4
Fiveresorts
Studio

We are supposed to arrive Friday and MS told me I can cancel and get my points back today.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

Accu- Weather is reporting Saturday some wind and rain possible tornadoes from IRMA and Sunday Heavy tropical rainfall will lead to flooding on Castaway Cay.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #6
yanylove
Studio

We're supposed to sail on Fantasy to Western Caribbean this Saturday and Disney Cruise website does not have any update. It just says that the cruise contact center is closed. So I am going to assume that we're going and start packing....
Supposed to be down in Orlando on Friday so I am running out of time to pack...
yanylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanylove View Post
We're supposed to sail on Fantasy to Western Caribbean this Saturday and Disney Cruise website does not have any update. It just says that the cruise contact center is closed. So I am going to assume that we're going and start packing....
Supposed to be down in Orlando on Friday so I am running out of time to pack...
I'm sure DCL is waiting on word from Port Canaveral as to when the port will resume operations.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/FYI

JaxFLBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
yanylove
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
I'm sure DCL is waiting on word from Port Canaveral as to when the port will resume operations.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/FYI
Good point. I didn't even think about that.
I was keep checking airport status and didn't even think about port!!!
yanylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #9
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I hope our cruise sails and you have a wonderful time.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #10
5DisneyFans
Grand Villa

We were at Sandals St. Lucia starting September 1st. Harvey had just rolled in so no way there would be 2 major hurricanes rolling in within days of each other right? Wrong.

We were due to leave 9/8, but AA canceled all flights. After 4 more canceled flights, we just got home this afternoon by way of New York to Chicago. Thank you Jet Blue and SWA for getting us out.

Seeing the images of St. Martin and remembering our DCL stop there just a couple of years ago, I'm grateful we were on a different island and I would not have wanted to be on ship in that storm. Disney did the right thing.

The Good, The Bad and the Extremely Sweaty 6/2011 http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=54835
First cruise success and failure 3/2012 http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64677
Adults Only F&W trip 9/2012 http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70803
7 teens, 4 Adults, 1 Grand Villa over NYE and we lived!_2014 http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86675

5DisneyFans is offline   Reply With Quote