home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
jmulligan213
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Moonlight Magic Help!

Hello all!! I am new to DVC and will be taking my first trip in August 2018. I am so excited that there will be a moonlight magic event at Epcot during our stay but am a little confused about it!

Friends of ours are going to be staying at Pop Century while we are at AKL. Can I include them as my guests? OR is it only open for guests staying at a DVC resort?

Also, how many guests are we allowed to bring in? My husband and I are both members and we have a 2 year old. Can we each bring 5 guests or is that for both of us?? Do I need to make reservations for children 2 and under?? In addition to my family, my friends include a family of 2 adults and 1 infant and another family with 2 adults and 2 children.

And finally, at what time can we begin to enter Epcot for this event?

I have been reading a lot and I am just getting myself all confused so I wanted clarification
jmulligan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
cvjw
Grand Villa

This question has been asked a lot on Facebook in a dvc group. The consensus from that forum seems to be that you can bring the member plus 5 guests. If you have a 2 or 3 bedroom booked, you can register everyone on your reservation. If you and your husband are on the same contract, you are considered one member, so 6 people total unless your friends are staying with you in a large villa.

Not sure about the entry time or it toddlers need tickets.

Look in the dvc website. All the fine print is listed there.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmulligan213 View Post
Hello all!! I am new to DVC and will be taking my first trip in August 2018. I am so excited that there will be a moonlight magic event at Epcot during our stay but am a little confused about it!

Friends of ours are going to be staying at Pop Century while we are at AKL. Can I include them as my guests? OR is it only open for guests staying at a DVC resort?

Also, how many guests are we allowed to bring in? My husband and I are both members and we have a 2 year old. Can we each bring 5 guests or is that for both of us?? Do I need to make reservations for children 2 and under?? In addition to my family, my friends include a family of 2 adults and 1 infant and another family with 2 adults and 2 children.

And finally, at what time can we begin to enter Epcot for this event?

I have been reading a lot and I am just getting myself all confused so I wanted clarification
At least one member must attend and may bring up to 5 guests. Only a total of 6 people per membership - ie, if there are multiple members on the membership it's still 6 total. The exception is if you are staying onsite and have a larger villa reserved then you may bring up to the number of guests on the reservation.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #4
jmulligan213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
At least one member must attend and may bring up to 5 guests. Only a total of 6 people per membership - ie, if there are multiple members on the membership it's still 6 total. The exception is if you are staying onsite and have a larger villa reserved then you may bring up to the number of guests on the reservation.
Thanks for the info!
jmulligan213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #5
ilphil
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
There seems to be some confusion among castmembers on that. When we were in the Members Lounge @ EPCOT last month we were told that my wife and I could each bring 5 guests. It turned out not to matter because we have a Grand Villa in May with a total of 9 people, but it would be nice to get consistent ACCURATE information from castmembers once in a while.
ilphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 PM   #6
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilphil View Post
There seems to be some confusion among castmembers on that. When we were in the Members Lounge @ EPCOT last month we were told that my wife and I could each bring 5 guests. It turned out not to matter because we have a Grand Villa in May with a total of 9 people, but it would be nice to get consistent ACCURATE information from castmembers once in a while.
The one thing I've learned is that it never hurts to ask as you're never quite certain what answer you might get.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:32 AM   #7
Orion54
One Bedroom

When we went to the ones at AK and Epcot, they said all guests including children had to be registered.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
SuzanneSLO
Grand Villa

In December, we had a studio and 2 bedroom booked, with both members in the studio. We had no problem reserving for 8 at the Epcot Moonlight Magic.
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
Quellman
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilphil View Post
Because the Lounge is different from the parties. Don't know why it is written that way but it is.

I honestly do not remember what time you can get in, I think it is like 7pm or something. We were already in EPCOT that day so we picked up our wristbands from the international gateway. The evening was similar to an Extra Magic hours event. We didn't make it to frozen. We had the free food at sunshine seasons, did the Land, test track, fireworks, bought the ornaments and shirts from the kiosk on the left side of the walkway as you head under the monorail. Also had lots of Mickey premiums. Oh and this was my first time meeting bay max and joy and sadness. Joy and sadness were probably one of my favorite meet and greets ever!
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #10
Chris71855

At this years Magic Kingdom Moonlight magic you could enter at 6PM for the party. Obviously, if you already have tickets to the parks you can get in when the park opens but for those without tickets just there to attend the party they let you in at 6 PM.
Chris71855 is online now   Reply With Quote