home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 02:23 PM   #21
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEater View Post
If I have a guide, I've never heard from him/her. And that is fine with me.
Yup, same here. We bought 15 years ago, and got a call about 6 years ago from a new guide, introducing herself. "Oh, did you take over for Glenn?" the guide we'd bought from. Turns out, Glenn had left several years before and we'd had 2 other guides in the meantime. I have no idea who we have now.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #22
helenabear
Grand Villa

I'm not sure who our current guide is. We had a previous one that lost paperwork for us (our OKW notarized extension papers were lost - yay) and then decided that we didn't need a guide so when she quit/was fired she marked that we never wanted to be contacted again. So I didn't have one for years. I had to ask for a new one when adding on a couple years ago. That's how I found out that the previous guide made a comment that we never wanted to be contacted even though I never once said that. She was awful. Current guide was fine but haven't heard from him since the add on.

And our paperwork was never fixed
Old 04-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #23
Loro
Grand Villa

I have a guide?
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #24
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Two Bedroom

I always try to let My Conscience be my guide!
- Jiminy Cricket

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 PM   #25
Jcsquirrel
One Bedroom

Default Guide

Bought all three contracts resale, we have a guide and he does like to call. We have gotten the I can only discuss that over the phone. I personally think my guide is an arrogant jerk. Was really ticked last year at the parks, we decided to do the DVC tour to get the fast passes, the guy at the table was nice and he said I can get you in right away. He made a call and said, oh you have a guide so he needs to do the showing and is not available till four. We said no thanks and never did the tour.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #26
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsquirrel View Post
Bought all three contracts resale, we have a guide and he does like to call. We have gotten the I can only discuss that over the phone. I personally think my guide is an arrogant jerk. Was really ticked last year at the parks, we decided to do the DVC tour to get the fast passes, the guy at the table was nice and he said I can get you in right away. He made a call and said, oh you have a guide so he needs to do the showing and is not available till four. We said no thanks and never did the tour.
Well, Boo! So if I ever want to take the tour out of nosiness, I have to call my guide? I mean, I would call him if I were going to buy direct. But just to window shop?