home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM   #31
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
Newbies are tough and can be overwhelmed quickly and become tired and cranky..I would save my FP till late afternoon and early evening..Anyone who really wants to be up early can go to rope drope..The first 2 hours in the morning are golden for getting on rides. We all know that..It is also almost impossible to keep everyone together and one the same page. You have to allow for flexibility..dont waste the FP in the morning..

This tends to be the direction Im leaning in.....all though it goes against the standard advice of ''book your Fps early"

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 PM   #32
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We are no strangers to traveling to WDW with large groups. Your strategy is exactly what we do with a lot of success. If you can make rope drop, you can ride a bunch of stuff before 10:30am. I fell that the Fastpasses at night a needed because of the long, long standby lines.

There are a few exceptions to this.....
  • Book FOP whenever you get the chance.
  • Safari in the morning is always better then the evening, esp in the summer.
  • Book Star Wars when available, hopefully RotR will be fastpass capable by then.
I feel most of the other rides you can get or move the FP times to the evening hours.

Thanks for the input. We are not going to AK so luckily I dont have hte FOP stress. And we will handle HWS differently from Epcot and MK b/c of Star Wars.

So...it wounds like youve had good luck with FPs from about 5pm/ 6pm and 7 pm...wsa it with large groups? What time of year? EVERYONE is encouraging early morning FPS but I really think for the days we have planned at MK and Epcot, this later day FP plan is going to work well for us. We have a diverse group and some get overwhelmed easily......I want to keep it simple. it needs to be a good plan but does not have to be perfect......any more advice for a plan like this would be greatly appreciated...I realize why people usually book FPs early and it feel so weird to go against the grain...lol

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

Last edited by DisneyTravelers; Yesterday at 02:09 PM. Reason: typo
DisneyTravelers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #33
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
This tends to be the direction Im leaning in.....all though it goes against the standard advice of ''book your Fps early"
It's a matter of style; no right or wrong.
I regularly ropedrop and tend to do my FPs between 10 and 2. In the afternoons I am probably doing shows and other high-capacity attractions. I don't usually spend evenings in the parks unless it's very convenient, e.g. Epcot when staying at BCV.

But I'm never waiting 50 min for Peter Pan! In situations like that it's "FastPass or Forget It"!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #34
Jcsquirrel
Two Bedroom

Default Fp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
Thanks for the input. We are not going to AK so luckily I dont have hte FOP stress. And we will handle HWS differently from Epcot and MK b/c of Star Wars.

So...it wounds like youve had good luck with FPs from about 5pm/ 6pm and 7 pm...wsa it with large groups? What time of year? EVERYONE is encouraging early morning FPS but I really think for the days we have planned at MK and Epcot, this later day FP plan is going to work well for us. We have a diverse group and some get overwhelmed easily......I want to keep it simple. it needs to be a good plan but does not have to be perfect......any more advice for a plan like this would be greatly appreciated...I realize why people usually book FPs early and it feel so weird to go against the grain...lol

Early morning FP is far more because people want to add a 4,5,6,7,8. The earlier your FP ended the much easier it is to get a new ride and later in the day some rides will not be available. If you think your group will be happy with the 3 rides maybe work in dinner and fireworks to the afternoon or evening. There are a few rides in each park fp are available most of the day, but some of those rides really don't need FP anyway. We often have several days we schedule later passes and we never make passes before 10 unless we are just burning a FP and we have never had a problem getting other FP.
We go June or July so relativity busy not like a holiday but the parks are crowded. When we had 27 people for my daughters graduation we moved did groups the fast and the slow. I'd also suggest have your most seasoned or even teenage folks control adding or adjusting. One person should be able to make, change, cancel for the entire group. Non Disney people are going to get confused by the variety of rides much less booking FP. Other questions you might look at is what rides do you have to have a FP for? What rides can your entire group really ride get a photo together. You can fill a full elevator Tower of Terror or plenty of room on the Safari, Star Tours, Indian Jones, Muppet's, or Philharmonic. The new rides, roller coasters, and a few of the classics like Peter Pan are the only rides that you will have any trouble even if you waited for a few days before.

There are also rides that get busy certain times of day or rides with high capacity. For example I think Pirates is a ride a group would enjoy and there are many times the standby line will be under 20. Buzz Lightyear spin is pretty easy going and can often be had with a 7 or 8 FP. We have had great luck with Toy Story Mania at the end of the day, often times going on 3 or 4 times in a row walk right on, this would be close to fireworks.
Jcsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote