home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

Default Using Expedia

Looking at airfares for an upcoming trip. Expedia is showing about $50/ticket cheaper. I have never actually purchase via Expedia. Are there any concerns or issues about using Expedia?

TIA
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznosredna View Post
Looking at airfares for an upcoming trip. Expedia is showing about $50/ticket cheaper. I have never actually purchase via Expedia. Are there any concerns or issues about using Expedia?

TIA
My best friend uses it often. However, I think she had some problems with getting refunds for canceled flights earlier this year. Iíll text her tomorrow and get more details. If there is anything of concern, Iíll report back.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:01 AM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

If there's an issue with the flights you'll be lower on priority to be taken care of. The airlines will get their flyers with status and then those who book directly switched first. It's not a reason to not use a consolidator but good to be aware of.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznosredna View Post

TIA
If its just "about $50" per ticket difference, I wouldn't bother with Expedia considering their restrictions and how the airline views those reservstions.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

When you book via Expedia, they become your Travel Agent.

So if the airline cancels the flight... you don't call the airline you have to call Expedia. If the airline changes you to a flight time you hate you have to call Expedia.

Basically the airline will not deal with you directly.

It's an online agency so they don't have tons of well trained reps waiting to help you.

I have done it and it's frustrating but in my case I was saving aver $1,000 on a package to Europe. For $50?? No.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

My recommendation is a big no to Expedia for airfare!