home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #41
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I think that's a kids meal right? While I love cheese, I'm oddly not a huge fan of cheese quesadillas

I was surprised to hear of that at the QS option.

As a whole Disney is amazing with things like this though. Whether it's an intolerance or an allergy, I find Disney chefs treat it the same. It's not great that they always call it allergies for everything, but I understand why they do it (my severely lactose intolerant friend was treated like an allergy too). When discovering my onion issues, knowing that onion allergies are almost never fatal and I've never developed any kind of throat closing with it, we opted to just do the elimination test and make sure that was what my issue was.

At the time my insurance wouldn't pay for a lot of anything, so this was the suggestion. I probably should consider getting tested fully at this point, but I'm really good at avoiding it now so not sure I feel a since I have never had any kind of throat closing and only sinus and abdominal issues.. I was told to avoid a few flowers that are related to, and I admit when I'm around them my sinuses get really wacky. So as a whole even if it is just a very mild allergy versus a strong intolerance, I'm so glad they're so kind about it.
Busted! Iím not an adventurous eater, so kids meals are my friends. Pretty much everything on the menu looked questionable to me, so I went with the cheese quesadilla. And it was pretty good! I didnít care for the dessert-like offerings, though.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM   #42
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Busted! I’m not an adventurous eater, so kids meals are my friends. Pretty much everything on the menu looked questionable to me, so I went with the cheese quesadilla. And it was pretty good! I didn’t care for the dessert-like offerings, though.
No judgment here. I actually got the kids portion of the chicken bowl at satu'li because I just don't eat that much. I will say if you like hot dogs the hot dog wrapped was really quite good. If you get just the meat with brown rice and no sauce, I bet you would still like it too. They don't put near as much on the kids meal one, and I did have them leave off any slaw because we didn't think it was safe.

We didn't do desserts when we went there. They don't look bad though, I just wasn't really interested in eating one. I had already had a slush from that one snack cart and I didn't think I needed anything else.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #43
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I think that's a kids meal right? While I love cheese, I'm oddly not a huge fan of cheese quesadillas

I was surprised to hear of that at the QS option.

As a whole Disney is amazing with things like this though. Whether it's an intolerance or an allergy, I find Disney chefs treat it the same. It's not great that they always call it allergies for everything, but I understand why they do it (my severely lactose intolerant friend was treated like an allergy too). When discovering my onion issues, knowing that onion allergies are almost never fatal and I've never developed any kind of throat closing with it, we opted to just do the elimination test and make sure that was what my issue was.

At the time my insurance wouldn't pay for a lot of anything, so this was the suggestion. I probably should consider getting tested fully at this point, but I'm really good at avoiding it now so not sure I feel a since I have never had any kind of throat closing and only sinus and abdominal issues.. I was told to avoid a few flowers that are related to, and I admit when I'm around them my sinuses get really wacky. So as a whole even if it is just a very mild allergy versus a strong intolerance, I'm so glad they're so kind about it.
It's nice to know how accommodating they can be, even at QS restaurants. It's a pleasant surprise considering how much food they pump out of those places on a daily basis. I think their concern and willingness to accommodate dietary needs is rare.

I have a friend who tries to avoid onions/shallots/leeks, etc. I wouldn't say she is allergic, but those things do a number to her digestive system and she is always looking to modify dishes. She will be happy to hear that some places will be able to do that for her.
JCinWonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #44
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
It's nice to know how accommodating they can be, even at QS restaurants. It's a pleasant surprise considering how much food they pump out of those places on a daily basis. I think their concern and willingness to accommodate dietary needs is rare.

I have a friend who tries to avoid onions/shallots/leeks, etc. I wouldn't say she is allergic, but those things do a number to her digestive system and she is always looking to modify dishes. She will be happy to hear that some places will be able to do that for her.
As a whole, I do not find much they can do at QS locations. They can always give ingredients, and often you can swap out things, but really normally they are more limited.

The concern is high throughout as a whole. I'm finding that is around here too though. If I ask and say I cannot eat, often they treat it quite seriously. Which is crazy because I try not to make a big deal out of things. I do always avoid salads and even lettuce on sandwiches as they can co-mingle. Otherwise I just try to be polite about modifications.

Allium family intolerance is not uncommon though. And many understand how it can be. Which is nice. Only once I had someone say "oh you don't like onions" I told them I love them, I just cannot eat them.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #45
pdude81
Grand Villa

Does guest relations open up much before park opening? I need to activate a pass and would rather just do that before rope drop than hope the d's location is open late. Just landed so I don't think I'll make it to any park before closing tonight
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 PM   #46
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
How about if they exchange the ketchup for extra cheese?

Thatíll do just fine...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #47
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Does guest relations open up much before park opening? I need to activate a pass and would rather just do that before rope drop than hope the d's location is open late. Just landed so I don't think I'll make it to any park before closing tonight
You can also activate at a ticket window.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:06 PM   #48
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You can also activate at a ticket window.
Ok thanks. Those should be open at least a little before the park. I'd rather not rush to DS just for activation this late
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 05:58 PM   #49
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default personal alcohol at the pool

Hey, can we openly bring our own alcohol to the Disney/DVC pools, as long as it's not in bottles?
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #50
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Hey, can we openly bring our own alcohol to the Disney/DVC pools, as long as it's not in bottles?
Yes.