home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #51
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
They havenít restricted the Legacy 14 because they canít. There will be something offered with Riviera that we havenít seen before. Is it contracts with no expiration? Fixed weeks? Something else? Who knows. I think all we can do is wait and see what that different thing is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
But then how can they say "only some can trade, and then only at certain places"? There has to be some difference, which you mention later in the post (and others have mentioned as well). This is bit is what we'll learn soon - the other shoe dropping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
The resort would have to drop out of the Club in order to remove itself from trading. And most of the removal from the Club has to do with destruction of the resort. That's the way it's been set up. Now we wait to see what documents Riviera has to live by.
Quote:
And that's why the speculation is that it has to be DVCII. Or, I guess they might be going the single resort route and because they have total control they'll establish a new "trade" system that can designate who gets to trade. So, because the existing is set up the way it is the resale there will continue to trade among the 14. But the stand alone resort - Riviera - will participate in some new trade system that they designate direct or grandfathered can only participate in.
Ok, I can be slow sometimes on the nuances of all of this because I bought direct and never thought about selling or the resale market so never paid attention.

What I'm thinking now is some sort of announced DVC2 as others have suggested where Legacy 14 points can traded 1:1 just like you can use points to stay in cash resorts. Except here, the trade is more reasonable and based on points, not cash, with similar point charts.

Then again, that sounds exactly like a DVC II so I guess I still don't get it!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #52
chrisvee
Studio

Seems to me that Riveria and future resorts will have some major difference ó perhaps all resales restricted to home resort, all fixed week, no/longer expiration dates, etc that are making them start to wall off future resale buyers from the new resorts bc of that difference.

Either that or they really do want to curb the resale market so it canít compete against direct sales and canít do it legally for the legacy 14. Of force those buyers to buy direct when the contracts end on the legacy 14.
Old 01-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #53
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvee View Post
Seems to me that Riveria and future resorts will have some major difference ó perhaps all resales restricted to home resort, all fixed week, no/longer expiration dates, etc that are making them start to wall off future resale buyers from the new resorts bc of that difference.

Either that or they really do want to curb the resale market so it canít compete against direct sales and canít do it legally for the legacy 14. Of force those buyers to buy direct when the contracts end on the legacy 14.
Interesting post! I am anxious to see what happens. I have always thoughts Disney's use of points over fixed weeks was so brilliant. Would be sad to see them revert back to a more classic timeshare system.

And I do think they are tired or professional resales and renters. Good for us, bad for them.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, and Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #54
brat32179
Studio

Quote:
There were a ton of listings that have posted in the past few days. It sounds like they are busy both ways - owners fearful and listing now. Buyers fearful and buying now.
I think it may also be that the fence sitters that were toying with the idea of selling for other reasons decided to jump in if there is going to be a buying frenzy.

I've had a contract listed for several weeks, got a buyer this morning.

If you use the search engine site that pulls listings from every other site, there are just under 1200 listed right now (granted, some may be pending).

VGC, VWL
brat32179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #55
uwdude
One Bedroom

I think a lot of this hasn't even hit the mainstream DVC owners yet. Word is just starting to get out about all these changes. We are a small group compared to the hundreds of thousands of owners out there who don't follow forums or anything. I don't think we are seeing the major reaction yet (if there will be one).
uwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #56
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
Interesting post! I am anxious to see what happens.

And I do think they are tired or professional resales and renters. Good for us, bad for them.
?Because of the scammers creating bad publicity or renters not respecting the property or the concept. I am not sure But I think I would vote against buyers having option to rent for future across all resorts. It has been good for many but really not what makes DVC successful. Even the professional renters seem to be ready to throw in the towel from some of the comments posted.
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #57
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Just when you thought it was safe to go to Disney World...

DVC II: The Sequel

Cheers.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:12 AM   #58
MMC1
Grand Villa

ďShould I stay or should I goĒ from The Clash 1981 seems to be spinning in my head currently.
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #59
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
just when you thought it was safe to go to disney world...

Dvc ii: The sequel

cheers.
lololol
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:37 AM   #60
sawickipedia
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
There are 807 listings now on a prominent resale site! Up from 728 last Sunday when changes were leaked. I have to say... Im surprised. I thought there would be rush to buy and lock-in Classic 14 + future resorts. But I guess the people that want that... are probably unaware.
Quote:
There were a ton of listings that have posted in the past few days. It sounds like they are busy both ways - owners fearful and listing now. Buyers fearful and buying now.
That other resale site is NOTORIOUS for being very slow to update the status of their listings. So don't take their website for a good indication of what's available. I called Wed/Thurs to try and get an offer in on multiple listings and they were all already pending sales. And the brokers were telling me this is the busiest week they had in years.

In the end I ended getting an offer accepted on a good contract from our MO sponsor. I can say were super timely and efficient in getting the offer signed off and submitted to Disney. Great job Tutas family & team!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote