home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-26-2018, 09:42 PM   #21
FabFive
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Scammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ173 View Post
You can add Kevin Rogers with logon name Cinjone77 to this list.

I have been in contact with this person by this name but his logon name was Kevinj_mouse75. So many red flags from this person! I asked his references if I could contact them from the site they rented from and never heard back from anyone.

Last edited by FabFive; 12-26-2018 at 09:49 PM.
FabFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
Humphrey_Bear

Oy Veh!!
Yes, thank you Kim for watching out for us!!
Old 12-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #23
Erring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Do you think if people had to pay to be a member of MouseOwners, and had to verify information with Government ID, or some online service, would this help to minimize this kind of stuff?

I know I would personally pay to be a member here. One of the best parts of my day is reading stuff on here...and so far it seems I like most everyone here.
Unfortunately I think that if you made this a pay site you would lose valuable contributions from members who don't want to pay for a site, but that being said, making members who rent or want to rent pay a fee that could be used to verify both renters and rentors could be a valid consideration for Kim. I use all of my points so I don't rent them out and the only time I rented points was pre-purchase to see if I liked the DVC experience. I'm therefore not qualified to say what should be done, but I do think it would be nice to Kim to be compensated for some of the work she does to try to reduce the number of people who get scammed.

That being said, I will add my voice of thanks for being a great host Kim.

Erring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:58 PM   #24
mouseman
Two Bedroom

Hold on to your hats. More sophisticated scams are down the road.