home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #31
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I'll be at Epcot on NYE. This will be my fifth NYE at Epcot. I really love it. Don't worry about getting a great spot for the fireworks, you can see them from anywhere.

Reflections 12/31/2015 by RT Images, on Flickr

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #32
John2247
Two Bedroom

We have done New Year's eve at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. My recommendation would be Magic Kingdom. It is just a Magical place to be on New Year's Eve.

John
Old 06-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #33
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post
We were at HS and actually had a lot of fun. We had dinner at Brown Derby and stayed for fireworks. They pass out hats and horns beforehand. Epcot and MK hit capacity last year.
Epcot hit capacity last year? Wow! I read another post form a lady who said she always sent to Epcot and it never closed for capacity. Wonder what time it happened? Any insight is GREATLY appreciated since we are leaning towards going to Epcot around noon that day to stay till park close....

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #34
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
If you are going to Epcot on the 31st, Mexico has had a 5 course private dinner that will get you seating to watch Illuminations on NYE.

There is also a special buffet with characters at the pavilion where Party for the senses is held.
Any idea on the pricing for this? Can you book this like a regular dining reservation or do I need to call? We are also considering the Biergarten that night. We are weirdos but we dont care too much for the fireworks in Epcot [unless the NYE show is different]...? Disclaimer ...it may be because we were either EXHAUSTED or FREEZING when we saw it (we were there one year in January when it got very cold...30 degree temps]

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #35
mitchwebb
One Bedroom

Not sure when Epcot hit capacity since we went in and out twice. Once midmorning then again at 5:30pm for dinner reservations.
New Years BWV 12/28-1/3 (might sneak a day to potter land)
mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:26 AM   #36
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
Any idea on the pricing for this? Can you book this like a regular dining reservation or do I need to call? We are also considering the Biergarten that night. We are weirdos but we dont care too much for the fireworks in Epcot [unless the NYE show is different]...? Disclaimer ...it may be because we were either EXHAUSTED or FREEZING when we saw it (we were there one year in January when it got very cold...30 degree temps]

All options and pricing for this year should be released within the next month or two. Of course one year doesn’t necessarily mean anything for the next, but I went to the buffet in World Showplace a few years ago and it was $50-$75, I believe. Food was meh for me, atmosphere was pretty cool. Buffet could be booked online via regular reservations.

Fireworks in Epcot are indeed more impressive on New Year’s Eve, though pretty much the same Illuminations show with additions at the end. As for temperatures, of course that can completely vary. Most recent years have been 70s-80s, too hot for me but pleasant for many. Last year was a chilly exception, I was pleased.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #37
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We have been to WDW for Christmas/NYE 12 out of the past 14 years. Our family loves it! We follow simple rules to make the trip fun.

• Do EMH and rope drop.
  • Make dinner plans, ADRs are essential.
  • take breaks in the afternoon (11am-4pm) to avoid the worse crowds.
  • Use/choose your fastpasses wisely.
  • See all the holiday decorations and shows.
  • make memories with your family, its why you are there.
Losing Osborn Lights has really thrown a wrench in my trip planning. I so, so, so love those lights and miss them dearly. Spending time on NYE walking through the displays, drinking an adult beverage or three as a solid tradition for me. We will have both of our grandsons with us this year (aged 3 and 5) and don't think they are quite ready for the Epcot NYE crowd.
Tom,

Would you agree to add to this:

Use Disney transportation and not drive? I found that to be key, but it was years ago.
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:28 PM   #38
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
Tom,

Would you agree to add to this:

Use Disney transportation and not drive? I found that to be key, but it was years ago.

Absolutely.....Even those who regularly drive while at WDW.....stay off the roads. Plus, Disney closes all of their parking lots early on those holidays, leaving you with no place to park.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #39
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

We like to watch the MK fireworks on the 30th. We’ve been pretty lucky finding a spot in the hub without feeling jammed together.

After spending a late evening at the MK on the 30th, we sleep in on the 31st, relax and have a nice meal before heading to Epcot.

For NYE2016, we were at Kidani. So, we ate at Sanaa and got to Epcot around 6pm.

There are lots of pop up bars and different types of music around world showcase.

We found our spot around 10 and just hung out until the fireworks.

We left when the park closed and we waited an hour to get on a bus. But they were slammed. The lines to all the resorts were huge.

I love Kidani with the extra bathroom and larger 2bd, but I sure did miss walking back to the BW that night.

We did see more drunks that night than other NYE trips. But it was still fun and the fireworks are amazing!

PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:44 PM   #40
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

This is absolutely true but the funny thing is I got my best Epcot spot ever on NYE. They directed us to the grass across from the entrance and it was awesome. I guess they were trying to stuff cars everywhere.

Still need to do MK for NYE. Epcot and DHS were cool, but I know nothing can compare to MK for that night.

Quote:
Absolutely.....Even those who regularly drive while at WDW.....stay off the roads. Plus, Disney closes all of their parking lots early on those holidays, leaving you with no place to park.

My DVC homes: BLT, BRV, BWV, VGC, AUL
Other DVC resorts I've visited: VB, VGF, SSR, PVB, AKV
Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote