home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #31
pdude81
Grand Villa

I only have experience with one resale transaction so I have no means for comparison, but I bought a contract with the board sponsor last spring/summer and had a good experience with the attorney's office they used for title work. It was the Jeffrey Sweet in Ormond Beach, FL. The only negative was that I couldn't put the deposit down on a CC, but since they had experience with foreign transactions and filing FIRPTA I stuck with them to keep the process from taking longer. They were very clear with instructions and always answered emails/calls promptly, but there wasn't a ton of communication necessary since both sides of the transaction moved quickly.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #32
ResalesDVC
TRUSTED BOARD SPONSOR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Just looking ahead here: what is the best title company right now? I know they vary widely on price and customer service provided. Iím just trying to pick mine this hypothetical next time instead of using whomever the broker uses.
If you're paying the closing costs, you can certainly pick the closing company. Just do your research and make sure they are familiar with closing Disney. Also, if you're financing your purchase you want to make sure they are set up to process the lender's documents and offer title insurance as well. Happy purchasing!
Kristen Tutas, Lic. Sales Associate

ResalesDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #33
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResalesDVC View Post
If you're paying the closing costs, you can certainly pick the closing company. Just do your research and make sure they are familiar with closing Disney. Also, if you're financing your purchase you want to make sure they are set up to process the lender's documents and offer title insurance as well. Happy purchasing!
Thank you for the response. It's always nice to have someone "in the business" explain something like the ability to choose your title company.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #34
Zachattack
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I used First American Title for my resale purchase (they are extremely reputable) and they happen to be the title company Disney direct uses so they know their stuff! Very professional but I think it was about $50 more total to use them. Well worth the piece of mind, imo. I financed too through VCL
Zachattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #35
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Just looking ahead here: what is the best title company right now? I know they vary widely on price and customer service provided. I’m just trying to pick mine this hypothetical next time instead of using whomever the broker uses.
I can't answer about the best, but I did call around to get prices to add my DS onto one of our contracts. I can tell you that there is a fairly large price differential between companies, ranging from around 250-600 (If I remember correctly).