home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
Commish
Studio

Default BRV President's Day Week 2019 - Sweet Sixteen Party

Getting to work planning with my BRV points, reserved two X-mas weeks but then..... my Daughter mentioned she wanted a Disney Sweet Sixteen party! So I cancelled an XMAS week and booked two 2BR Lock-off Villas at BRV Feb 15th 5/6 nights. I will be at BWV for 4th of July and the 7 month window is July 15th. I am wondering what VGF and BLT availability would be at 7 months, also wondering why I would agree to do this?

Planning a Sweet 16 for 6/7 Girls would be a good challenge, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Via Napoli, Prime Time 50's, Biergarten, Be Our Guest/Cinderella's Castle would be at the top of the dining list. Might also an opportunity to go for DDP (Character Dining/no signature dining)
Old 04-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Oh boy, fun planning for sure. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

I will be curious to see how it goes. My daughter would love to do this for her sweet 16 but we live a little far away to actually make it happen.....unless I really get creative

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Commish
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
I will be curious to see how it goes. My daughter would love to do this for her sweet 16 but we live a little far away to actually make it happen.....unless I really get creative

Thanks - I am curious too! - since i have a 1000 BRV points available from my January resale purchase - I'll put my Daughter's plans before rentals, an expensive proposition with flights, tickets and food close to $1,500 pp not counting the DVC points. My concern is her friends who may not have the money. No Child Left Behind! I am assuming there are no Disney restriction on 6/7 teenage girls in the same room - they are capable of reaching pretty high decibel levels!

Also, for those looking for Presidents Day BRV availability, if I see BLT or VGF available at 7 months there will be two BRV 2BR cancellations! on 7/15

Last edited by Commish; 04-16-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
BuffaloJim
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
I am assuming there are no Disney restriction on 6/7 teenage girls in the same room - they are capable of reaching pretty high decibel levels!
During President’s Day Week a few years ago, a bunch of Girl Scout families were heading to the Great Wolf Lodge for an unofficial event. My wife “was sick” that week but I still shelped our five kids plus a couple of extras to the resort. Since we had the biggest room, one night we had about two dozen young girls in our room. I had projected a movie on the wall for everyone to watch, but the decibel level was so high, it was physically impossible to hear the movie. I couldn’t believe young girls could make that much noise. Thankfully, we didn’t receive a single complaint. And even more thankfully, the other parents and I just stood around the kitchen area and drank beer and wine. I will admit it was a good time and a fun trip, but that decibel level was something else.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Commish
Studio

I modified one of my 2BR 5 night rentals and exchanged for two studios 5 nights. Remarkably Wed 2/20/19 already unavailable! (waitlisted)

So now I have a 6 Night 2 BR Lockoff and (2) Studios -
Old 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #7
The.disney.couple
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
Getting to work planning with my BRV points, reserved two X-mas weeks but then..... my Daughter mentioned she wanted a Disney Sweet Sixteen party! So I cancelled an XMAS week and booked two 2BR Lock-off Villas at BRV Feb 15th 5/6 nights. I will be at BWV for 4th of July and the 7 month window is July 15th. I am wondering what VGF and BLT availability would be at 7 months, also wondering why I would agree to do this?

Planning a Sweet 16 for 6/7 Girls would be a good challenge, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Via Napoli, Prime Time 50's, Biergarten, Be Our Guest/Cinderella's Castle would be at the top of the dining list. Might also an opportunity to go for DDP (Character Dining/no signature dining)
You sure are brave! but it will be worth it!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is online now   Reply With Quote