home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 04-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
Commish
Studio
 
Commish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 143
Default BRV President's Day Week 2019 - Sweet Sixteen Party

Getting to work planning with my BRV points, reserved two X-mas weeks but then..... my Daughter mentioned she wanted a Disney Sweet Sixteen party! So I cancelled an XMAS week and booked two 2BR Lock-off Villas at BRV Feb 15th 5/6 nights. I will be at BWV for 4th of July and the 7 month window is July 15th. I am wondering what VGF and BLT availability would be at 7 months, also wondering why I would agree to do this?

Planning a Sweet 16 for 6/7 Girls would be a good challenge, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Via Napoli, Prime Time 50's, Biergarten, Be Our Guest/Cinderella's Castle would be at the top of the dining list. Might also an opportunity to go for DDP (Character Dining/no signature dining)
__________________
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31,599
Default

Oh boy, fun planning for sure. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa
 
DisneyTravelers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,853
Default

I will be curious to see how it goes. My daughter would love to do this for her sweet 16 but we live a little far away to actually make it happen.....unless I really get creative
__________________
Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522


Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Commish
Studio
 
Commish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
I will be curious to see how it goes. My daughter would love to do this for her sweet 16 but we live a little far away to actually make it happen.....unless I really get creative

Thanks - I am curious too! - since i have a 1000 BRV points available from my January resale purchase - I'll put my Daughter's plans before rentals, an expensive proposition with flights, tickets and food close to $1,500 pp not counting the DVC points. My concern is her friends who may not have the money. No Child Left Behind! I am assuming there are no Disney restriction on 6/7 teenage girls in the same room - they are capable of reaching pretty high decibel levels!

Also, for those looking for Presidents Day BRV availability, if I see BLT or VGF available at 7 months there will be two BRV 2BR cancellations! on 7/15
__________________

Last edited by Commish; 04-16-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
BuffaloJim
Studio
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
I am assuming there are no Disney restriction on 6/7 teenage girls in the same room - they are capable of reaching pretty high decibel levels!
During President’s Day Week a few years ago, a bunch of Girl Scout families were heading to the Great Wolf Lodge for an unofficial event. My wife “was sick” that week but I still shelped our five kids plus a couple of extras to the resort. Since we had the biggest room, one night we had about two dozen young girls in our room. I had projected a movie on the wall for everyone to watch, but the decibel level was so high, it was physically impossible to hear the movie. I couldn’t believe young girls could make that much noise. Thankfully, we didn’t receive a single complaint. And even more thankfully, the other parents and I just stood around the kitchen area and drank beer and wine. I will admit it was a good time and a fun trip, but that decibel level was something else.
BuffaloJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
Commish
Studio
 
Commish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 143
Default

I modified one of my 2BR 5 night rentals and exchanged for two studios 5 nights. Remarkably Wed 2/20/19 already unavailable! (waitlisted)

So now I have a 6 Night 2 BR Lockoff and (2) Studios -
__________________
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #7
The.disney.couple
Studio
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commish View Post
Getting to work planning with my BRV points, reserved two X-mas weeks but then..... my Daughter mentioned she wanted a Disney Sweet Sixteen party! So I cancelled an XMAS week and booked two 2BR Lock-off Villas at BRV Feb 15th 5/6 nights. I will be at BWV for 4th of July and the 7 month window is July 15th. I am wondering what VGF and BLT availability would be at 7 months, also wondering why I would agree to do this?

Planning a Sweet 16 for 6/7 Girls would be a good challenge, 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickeys, Via Napoli, Prime Time 50's, Biergarten, Be Our Guest/Cinderella's Castle would be at the top of the dining list. Might also an opportunity to go for DDP (Character Dining/no signature dining)
You sure are brave! but it will be worth it!
__________________
Home Resorts: VGC, PVB

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software