home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 09:22 PM   #11
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxphil View Post
It's already one of my favorites.
I was going to wait for the Mando in beskar with the Child....but I want this too!!!
That's awesome! really, really good detail.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:22 AM   #12
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Don't have Disney+. Jusat do Netflix, Amazon and a whole bunch of livestream concerts. I think really a lot of people do watch it, though, Saw lots of t-shirts at WDW.

Cheers.
Donít have Disney+, and have never seen the show. Yoda is a wise and respected leader. This sort of reminds me of Muppet Babies.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Don’t have Disney+, and have never seen the show. Yoda is a wise and respected leader. This sort of reminds me of Muppet Babies.
I just never thought of him as every having been young, so it was odd to see this figure. Seems he eats frogs and such.

Cheers.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #14
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

Not to geek out too bad, but Mandalorian is set a few years after Return of the Jedi - After Yoda's death. "The Child" is not Yoda, but perhaps one of his species. Perhaps a lovechild of Yoda and Yaddle (Phantom Menace). Phantom Menace was set approx 42 years before The Mandalorian, so the 50 year age of The Child sort of fits with the Yoda/Yaddle thing, but would also reveal that Yoda was a complete deadbeat dad.

That's enough of me. lol
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:19 AM   #15
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Not to geek out too bad, but Mandalorian is set a few years after Return of the Jedi - After Yoda's death. "The Child" is not Yoda, but perhaps one of his species. Perhaps a lovechild of Yoda and Yaddle (Phantom Menace). Phantom Menace was set approx 42 years before The Mandalorian, so the 50 year age of The Child sort of fits with the Yoda/Yaddle thing, but would also reveal that Yoda was a complete deadbeat dad.

That's enough of me. lol
Deadbeat Muppets? Even better... Iím sorry. I really just canít get into any of the Starwars 2.0 stuff. Too old and set in my way.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #16
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Deadbeat Muppets? Even better... Iím sorry. I really just canít get into any of the Starwars 2.0 stuff. Too old and set in my way.
That, and I really think it's not as good. The first 3 movies (4,5,6) were something new and very well done (Hamill and Fisher's acting aside). 1,2,3 were completely lame with possibly worse acting - and it's a stretch for Natalie Portman to act poorly. But Jar Jar? Really? 7,8,9 were better, but still derivative. Some interesting aspects, but not much. The newer stuff is hanging onto the back of the older stuff, and doing an OK job in some cases, and poor in others.

The exception for me was Rogue One, which I thought was very good and on par with the original stuff in terms on ingenuity.

Still bummed that they used whatever that planet was for Star Wars Land instead of Tatooine.

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #17
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
That, and I really think it's not as good. The first 3 movies (4,5,6) were something new and very well done (Hamill and Fisher's acting aside). 1,2,3 were completely lame with possibly worse acting - and it's a stretch for Natalie Portman to act poorly. But Jar Jar? Really? 7,8,9 were better, but still derivative. Some interesting aspects, but not much. The newer stuff is hanging onto the back of the older stuff, and doing an OK job in some cases, and poor in others.

The exception for me was Rogue One, which I thought was very good and on par with the original stuff in terms on ingenuity.

Still bummed that they used whatever that planet was for Star Wars Land instead of Tatooine.

Cheers.
I have our long weekend booked for the 50th next year. Fingers crossed that we are able to go. We will do 1-2 days at MK and the rest at AK. I may not love the Avatar movies, but the land is amazing! And then there is FOP...

I wonít be standing in line for simulated rust and dirt.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #18
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Speaking of this show, is this where the baby Yoda, that seems all the rage at WDW now, comes from? Was inundated with this and it seemed to be near Mandalorian stuff, so are they related?

Cheers.
I may not be up on current music, but I do know about The Child. This made me smile and the post about frogs and such
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #19
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Speaking of figures, Hot Toys just released the first Sixth Scale Mando. Pretty awesome.
I think tomorrow I"m going to go ahead and place my order. I've been wanting one for a long time, and want to treat myself!
Also have been wanting a Boba Fett, but not the Mythos, Although i might get that one, or try to get one on the secondary markets.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #20
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
I think tomorrow I"m going to go ahead and place my order. I've been wanting one for a long time, and want to treat myself!
Also have been wanting a Boba Fett, but not the Mythos, Although i might get that one, or try to get one on the secondary markets.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.
Mythos is a great one as well. Worth it.
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote