home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default TSO fans...

So, we love Trans-Siberian Orchestra. For years, their concerts have been part of our Christmas tradition. I was pretty bummed that we would miss them this year. And then I got this email...

https://tsolivestream.com/tso/livestream/

Iíve already bought the livestream (and Christmas ornament,) and wanted to share in case there are any other TSO fans lurking on the board...
Old 10-24-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Very cool! Definitely may have to purchase a ticket.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:44 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Awesome, thanks. I have friends who rave about these guys and we've never seen them. we have livestream holiday concerts on Dec. 16 & Dec. 17. So Dec. 18 is open

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Had the pleasure of watching them in Philadelphia a few years ago. Not the same at all of course, but glad to support them.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:03 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Awesome, thanks. I have friends who rave about these guys and we've never seen them. we have livestream holiday concerts on Dec. 16 & Dec. 17. So Dec. 18 is open

Cheers.
I was never allowed to go to rock concerts as a teenager. And, then we got married and had Brandon, so they werenít a priority. I say all of that to establish my baseline. I really have nothing to compare them to. But we have enjoyed every performance we have ever attended. They really are talented artists. This wonít come close to a live performance, but Iíll take it and smile. I also ordered my TSO Christmas ornament since Iím technically ďattendingĒ the concert. Give it a try if youíve nothing better to do. You might not decide to join the fan club, but I think that you would enjoy it. You seem to appreciate many types of music.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Had the pleasure of watching them in Philadelphia a few years ago. Not the same at all of course, but glad to support them.
Arenít they wonderful? Iím really excited to ďseeĒ them again, even without the full concert effect. On the bright side, no parking nightmares for this one!
Old 10-24-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
IGive it a try if youíve nothing better to do. You might not decide to join the fan club, but I think that you would enjoy it. You seem to appreciate many types of music.
Already planning on it. The prior two nights are Richard Thompson and Shawn Colvin.

Tonight was a fabulous Billie Eilish live steam with a true concert and a lot of excellent VR effects.

We've done a bunch of live streams since our last real concert in February.

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Already planning on it. The prior two nights are Richard Thompson and Shawn Colvin.

Tonight was a fabulous Billie Eilish live steam with a true concert and a lot of excellent VR effects.

We've done a bunch of live streams since our last real concert in February.

Cheers.
Iím going to have to remember to ask you for your impressions after the live stream. I really enjoy music, but I normally get sidetracked by a quilting video on YouTube, or a new book on my Kindle. So I really only listen while Iím driving. I need to do better. Reading is my Kryptonite, and I can OD on books pretty easily...
Old 10-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Arenít they wonderful? Iím really excited to ďseeĒ them again, even without the full concert effect. On the bright side, no parking nightmares for this one!

Very true on the parking! I was able to see Mannheim Steamroller in Trenton a few years ago as well. Weíll see what Iíve got in my new locale once we finally return to normalcy...
Old 10-24-2020, 09:28 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very true on the parking! I was able to see Mannheim Steamroller in Trenton a few years ago as well. Weíll see what Iíve got in my new locale once we finally return to normalcy...
Oh? Are you relocating? (You know Iím nosy. )