home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2020, 09:17 AM   #121
beansprout
Grand Villa

Glad your area was spared Jerry, but poor New Orleans. Enjoy your game. Like Disney today you’ll see what Covid has done to your other fun destination. Hope your team wins.

Brian, report back tonight. Fingers crossed for you!!

Good morning everyone else!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #122
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks, Jerry. So glad you guys are safe and sound. Enjoy the game!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:22 PM   #123
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks, Nancy. A strong contender tonight but again not liking the HOA fee. And neighbors warned us roof due for an upgrade soon too. So likely not my choice but good to see other places with appeal.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 06:50 AM   #124
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks, Nancy. A strong contender tonight but again not liking the HOA fee. And neighbors warned us roof due for an upgrade soon too. So likely not my choice but good to see other places with appeal.
Rather than settling for something quickly there’s the option of renting. We were searching condos in Florida to rent for a month and saw plenty of long term rentals. Maybe Halloween weekend will be your lucky charm!

Our neighborhood is having Trick or Treating tonight. We all wanted the kids to have a safe and fun event without the usual infestation of strangers on the street. Lights out Halloween night. Phil and I are setting up one bay of our garage with black curtains and a projected pumpkin show. We’ll add 6 ft.cardboard cutouts leftover from our store of Frankenstein and Elmira. We also bought a plastic tube that we decorated to shoot candy down to the kids from our front porch. Not so much Covid fears, more like a fun thing to do
And it sounds wicked scary when you talk through it too!
Old 10-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #125
ggatorgirl
Two Bedroom

Your Halloween Eve plan sounds great, especially the decorations.

Enjoy.
ggatorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #126
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Rather than settling for something quickly there’s the option of renting. We were searching condos in Florida to rent for a month and saw plenty of long term rentals. Maybe Halloween weekend will be your lucky charm!

Our neighborhood is having Trick or Treating tonight. We all wanted the kids to have a safe and fun event without the usual infestation of strangers on the street. Lights out Halloween night. Phil and I are setting up one bay of our garage with black curtains and a projected pumpkin show. We’ll add 6 ft.cardboard cutouts leftover from our store of Frankenstein and Elmira. We also bought a plastic tube that we decorated to shoot candy down to the kids from our front porch. Not so much Covid fears, more like a fun thing to do
And it sounds wicked scary when you talk through it too!
He could always just buy more points instead of an actual dwelling of his own....

Cool idea for the local kids. I like the idea of the candy chute.... I wonder if I could make a candy shooter that could launch candy down to the street. Would probably have to use something like a full size snickers in order to have a good weight to drag ratio.

Guessing we'll have as many trick-or-treaters tomorrow as we did the past couple years.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #127
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

I'm just guessing, Dave, but...zero?

In our secure (code to enter) building, we have three children, all from the same family. Sandra and I are crazy about these kids - the two little girls always used to run to us for hugs, pre-COVID. Now they have been joined by a baby brother who has just started walking. They usually visit our door, and a couple of others in the building. We will be at the stadium tomorrow evening, so I bought a half dozen Halloween cupcakes and took them to their mom today. Best I can do.

Halloween at your house sounds like fun, Nancy.

Brian - did your neighbors indicate that individual owners are responsible for their own roofs? That would be strange. The other possibility is that the condo does not have a robust balance on hand for maintenance, in which case an assessment would likely be levied to cover the costs. We (our condo association) once had a robust balance, but a couple of costly maintenance issues took care of that. Before we moved in, a lot of maintenance was deferred and what was done was pretty half-donkeyed.

I still think you will find a good place, Brian. Best of luck.

How's the kitchen coming, Dan?
Old 10-30-2020, 09:33 PM   #128
beansprout
Grand Villa

A few pics from our neighborhood pre- Halloween.
Does Postimage let you post short videos?

[/url]

Old 10-30-2020, 10:06 PM   #129
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Pretty much exactly zero Jerry. We don't exactly live in a target rich environment for trick or treating. One other house visible, part of the year.

Financials of HOAs can be a nightmare. I wonder how my old one is doing now, years after I fought for a practical "put $ away for repairs" approach.

Maybe motorhome + ft wilderness in lieu of points?

On that note, I'm wondering if the mouse has any medical-related internships in their program where DD could work at Disney and get the hours she needs for PA school.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:15 AM   #130
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Hey everyone. Halloween, which we love is cancelled in our region. Can’t say I am surprised. We are in one of the higher COVID rate areas. Haven’t even decorated. Heading to see DD shortly at school. Likely will keep the lights off and stitch my Halloween Mickey tonight. Sigh...thanks COVID.