home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #11
Presley
Grand Villa

Sorry to hear that. I know there's nothing that can make up for the loss. I'm right there with you regarding older dogs. I volunteer at a senior dog rescue and brought home one of the hospice dogs. Even though I knew my time with her would be short, I can't imagine her not being in my life.
Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #12
kaadvc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockydog View Post
I know I have another thread on this, but I can't find it.

I lost my best friend today. She had to be put down. I bring this shit on myself because I only adopt rescue dogs and only older dogs because nobody ever gives them a chance.

This one hurts the most. She was a small rotty when I got her and she loved when I carried her around like a baby on my shoulder. Eventually, I nursed her back to health and put weight on her. The, she developed what the vet described as the worst type of cancer.

Her name was Brooklyn (not my choice. I keep their original names).

When I went to the site to adopt, I was looking up the hill as I walked, and she lowered her head and stared at me. She had golden eyes. She hated me. The previous night, she had run from the rescue site and spent the night in the woods. She bit me twice. But, we eventually became best friends.

I'm sorry for the long message, but I need to get this out. I'm pacing the house, have an assignment due for my phd program, can't concentrate on anything. I don't think there will ever be another dog in my future.
I am very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful gift you gave with love and care for the remainder of her life.

Sadly I know your pain. We lost our little girl 10 days ago while at DW for a family vacation. My daughters constant companion for over 12 years there wasn’t a space too small for her to squeeze into to be as close as possible to her mom. As the “grandma” I adored her and would babysit as often as possible. Normal travels she goes with us in pet friendly hotels and this trip she opted to board with her vet vs 18 hour RT car trip. We got the call waking up at BLT, she’d passed away overnight.

After the call my daughter opened the curtains and there was the most beautiful rainbow over the magic kingdom. So vibrant and as we were staring at it, began to disappear and was gone in a minute. No doubt it was a message from her.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #13
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaadvc View Post
I am very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful gift you gave with love and care for the remainder of her life.

Sadly I know your pain. We lost our little girl 10 days ago while at DW for a family vacation. My daughters constant companion for over 12 years there wasn’t a space too small for her to squeeze into to be as close as possible to her mom. As the “grandma” I adored her and would babysit as often as possible. Normal travels she goes with us in pet friendly hotels and this trip she opted to board with her vet vs 18 hour RT car trip. We got the call waking up at BLT, she’d passed away overnight.

After the call my daughter opened the curtains and there was the most beautiful rainbow over the magic kingdom. So vibrant and as we were staring at it, began to disappear and was gone in a minute. No doubt it was a message from her.

So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to memorialize her.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Losing fur babies is hard. Don't be so hard on yourself - just let yourself grieve. Adopting older animals does mean knowing that you will not have them as long, but it is so good for them, because you are right, most people won't even consider adopting an older pet so it is such a blessing for these babies to find someone willing to love and care for them.

Very sorry for your loss.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:43 PM   #15
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

So sorry it is very hard to lose a pet....and we keep getting new ones....self torture of some sort but they bring such joy to our lives and we for them...

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #16
rockydog

Thank you all for the outpouring of support.

When I lose a dog, I print out a picture, frame it and include a piece of the collar and tag. Unfortunately, I have 7 on my wall now.
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #17
rockydog

Ugh... this is so frustrating. I posted a picture of her to flickr, added the link and THAT didn't even work. Why is technology so un-user friendly?
Old 10-06-2020, 12:29 AM   #18
rockydog

Just wanted to update...

God works in mysterious ways. In my Phd association group, we have a monthly meeting and a random number generator is used to choose a pet of the month. My sweetheart was chosen this month

And, yeah, it was probably rigged by someone.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #19
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

First, I am very sorry for your loss. A dog's love is very special

Kudos to you for loving older rescue dogs. My first rescue dog was a 12 yr old. Seniors are special. I have since rescued 2 more dogs. Rescue dogs rock!