home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #21
hilaw
Grand Villa

We seem so patient with having to call by August 10th, and now about six weeks later some of us still seeing the passes in MDE. Plus, not knowing when our refunds will finally process, or even if they are correctly in the queue for processing.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #22
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Nada here either. Requested in just a couple of days before the expiration of the offer to refund.

I did luck into a "free" vacation at the end of August though. I bought a 4 day ticket (since I had decided to cancel my AP) andthen decided to go back without the kids at the end of the month. But my AP was still active from 08/29 - 09/03 and Disney used that instead of 4 day ticket. When I went to MS to see why, they refunded by 4 day ticket and said "our screw-up, hope you have a great trip"!
Old 09-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #23
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
I never got the email, either. Nor did my DH.

When I called, CM would only do mine. But she let me pass the phone to my DH, so she ended up cancelling both. ( I hope ).
I actually had them on speaker phone since the time on hold was so long. The “unmagical” CM could hear all of hubby’s replies as well as mine. Not sure if that made a difference, but probably did.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #24
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Nope, just 2 boys. But I can imagine.
Amateur! We’ve had both. Trust me, teen aged girls will test your patience on a whole new level...
Old 09-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #25
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Our four passes just disappeared from MDE last week. Sounds like it could still be a while until a refund arrives. Our APs were through TaW, so I'm expecting checks and not a credit card refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
Called to cancel end of June. That should have been enough.

I got the email and cancelled what I thought were all of our APs. Not sure now. Mine is no longer in MDE, but DH's and the kids' are. No refund yet.
I received four emails, although none of them stated whom they were addressed to. I used the links in all four emails to cancel our APs individually. Even the confirmation emails never stated an AP name. Anyway, your email would have been for one passholder.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:47 PM   #26
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
...I am always annoyed at the “it can take up to two billing cycles for the refund to appear.”
I'm always surprised that merchants still say this. The credit cards/banks post to the account within a couple of days. Been like this for decades.

Any delay is on the merchant side. There is no "multiple billing cycle" delay on the CC side anymore.

Cheers.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #27
hilaw
Grand Villa

Passes just disappeared yesterday...with No further instructions or information.
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #28
SAMAYA
Studio

When we cancelled in July we immediately received an email confirmation from Disney Destinations which stated the following.

Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.

So hopefully refunds should be received within the next week, there was no reference to our names or passholder numbers within the two confirming cancelled emails which is pasted below and by early August they disappeared from MDE.

Dear Valued Annual Passholder,

We have received your request and are processing your selection below:
In lieu of a one-month extension, you have selected to cancel your annual pass and receive a partial refund for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable).

Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.

Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.

Thank you for being a part of the Passholder family. We hope to share the magic again with you in the future. If you have received this message and did not make this selection or if you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.

Last edited by SAMAYA; 09-26-2020 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Added dates
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #29
stitchkidd
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Also in the "no refund yet" boat......AP has disappeared from MDE though.....From what I gather there isn't any point in calling as you just get platitudes from the CMs.

If anyone actually gets their refund, I hope they post....
stitchkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:42 AM   #30
Nighthawk
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Heads up on this one. If you used the email link to cancel your AP. but didnt get one for your other family members, you will have to call to get theirs cancelled. Mine was the only account with an email listed. The CM stated that they were aware that this was an issue. If you haven't used it after the cancellation deadline, you should get the full credit. Atleast we did.