home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 08:03 PM   #231
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

That looks great! I love 💕 the ceiling. I know that you worked the concert circuit for a while, but, do you play? And is that your music room?
Old 10-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #232
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Fingers crossed! The dishwasher will be here Wednesday. Now we can start putting the kitchen back together before we tackle another project and tear something else up...
Old 10-24-2020, 08:18 PM   #233
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
That looks great! I love 💕 the ceiling. I know that you worked the concert circuit for a while, but, do you play? And is that your music room?
Thanks.

I don't play (unless air guitar counts- and I have been complimented on that in my concert working days ).

This is our "TV room." We have one TV in the house, and it is there. because of the high ceiling and tall wall, we decided (well, I decided and mrs. brp agreed ) to put up a bunch of concert posters from my concert working days as a tribute to the Poster Room at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I was at most of those shows

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:48 PM   #234
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Thanks.

I don't play (unless air guitar counts- and I have been complimented on that in my concert working days ).

This is our "TV room." We have one TV in the house, and it is there. because of the high ceiling and tall wall, we decided (well, I decided and mrs. brp agreed ) to put up a bunch of concert posters from my concert working days as a tribute to the Poster Room at the Fillmore in San Francisco. I was at most of those shows

Cheers.
Thatís what makes the collection impressive. Itís nice that you found a way to display your posters. And they make a cool conversation piece.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:54 PM   #235
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Thatís what makes the collection impressive. Itís nice that you found a way to display your posters. And they make a cool conversation piece.
Yup. When we have visitors who've not been here before, that room is on the tour. I'm glad I don't do that stuff anymore, but it was a very memorable 20 years of my life, and I'm proud of that room and display

Cheers.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:53 AM   #236
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I am hoping someone on this thread can help me with a roof decision.

We need are our roof repaired from the derecho. They are so far behind and there is a shortage of nails, shingles etc due to the pandemic and the volume of repairs in our area. So, we were scheduled for mid October, but still don't have a date. We don't have a hole in our roof, but shingles are raised in one spot, but there is plastic over it. The fascia on the west edge of a part of the roof peak is ripped off and exposed. Winter is here with two snow storms and it's snowing now.

The company said they can roof in the winter if it's above ... can't remember the temp. Not excited about that.

So, #1 should we just wait until spring?

#2 will it hurt to have the wood exposed on the one edge and should we ask them to come cover it?

It's complicated too by the fact that we are gone two weeks in November and then gone from late Dec until late Jan. I don't want them doing the roof while we are gone and I also don't want them to know that we will be gone during that time either. Not excited about having it done and a possible leak and we aren't here to see it, etc. Don't want to renovate our house inside since we are selling within 3-5 years.

I miss our old roofer; his son took over and his a big nothing.

We are on somewhat of a time table due to insurance and submitting for final cost, etc but it's not till August 2021.

Thanks for input.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:32 AM   #237
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Washer/Dryer Recommendations?

So, I posted in the corona thread that our washer died. We live in an apartment so they'll take care of it at some point, hopefully this week.

However, we've thought about getting our own, anyway. What are the recommendations for good quality, reasonably priced, durable, washers and dryers? We've always been skeptical of the high efficiency stuff based on the reports of friends, so don't even know what style to think about!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #238
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

You all are bad luck - our washer started leaking and DH says that either the water line or the pump are cracked - both inside the washer - which means finding a repair person or buying a new washer. I'm for buying a new washer as the guides of this were compromised by DS when we were in Disney like 5 years ago. He washed a load so unbalanced that the tub guide (front loader) broke off and was in his clothes. "I found this in my clothes and don't know what it is." "So, Adam, how out of balance was the washer?" "Well, I found it jammed up against the laundry room sink but I moved it back in place." So when my clothes are still saturated, I wobble the tub and re-spin it, which puts the tub back where the spin works. Still. We've probably been lucky the thing has lasted another 5 years.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:15 AM   #239
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I am hoping someone on this thread can help me with a roof decision.

We need are our roof repaired from the derecho. They are so far behind and there is a shortage of nails, shingles etc due to the pandemic and the volume of repairs in our area. So, we were scheduled for mid October, but still don't have a date. We don't have a hole in our roof, but shingles are raised in one spot, but there is plastic over it. The fascia on the west edge of a part of the roof peak is ripped off and exposed. Winter is here with two snow storms and it's snowing now.

The company said they can roof in the winter if it's above ... can't remember the temp. Not excited about that.

So, #1 should we just wait until spring?

#2 will it hurt to have the wood exposed on the one edge and should we ask them to come cover it?

It's complicated too by the fact that we are gone two weeks in November and then gone from late Dec until late Jan. I don't want them doing the roof while we are gone and I also don't want them to know that we will be gone during that time either. Not excited about having it done and a possible leak and we aren't here to see it, etc. Don't want to renovate our house inside since we are selling within 3-5 years.

I miss our old roofer; his son took over and his a big nothing.

We are on somewhat of a time table due to insurance and submitting for final cost, etc but it's not till August 2021.

Thanks for input.
I wanted to go with the company in the Warehouse Clubs but DH went with someone local. In the end the cost was the same but the warranty with the Club place was better (lifetime). DH would disagree - he thinks the local guy did more.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #240
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Houston... We have a dishwasher! DH is going to install it this morning.