home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #11
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Man, luck does not seem to be on your side my friend. We returned from our camping trip to a broken dishwasher also. My husband is very mechanical, but there was no hope for this little JennAir. Off to Lowe's for a new machine . Sorry about your cancelled girls trip . Sending positive thoughts your sister's way. Hope she is ok.
All in all, sheís doing really well, thanks! Her bone marrow is being very stubborn about regenerating, but thatís the biggest negative at the moment. Her next appointment with the oncology team is Tuesday. We should know more then about what to expect next.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #12
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iím lost. What is Abt?
I do a lot of remodeling and whenever I'm having a hard time finding faucets, fixtures, lighting or appliances, I'll check at Build.com and PCRichard.com I've found a few items at factorybuilderstores.com, too.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #13
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
They're an electronics retailer. Abt.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I do a lot of remodeling and whenever I'm having a hard time finding faucets, fixtures, lighting or appliances, I'll check at Build.com and PCRichard.com I've found a few items at factorybuilderstores.com, too.
Thank you both! Iím going to check them out tonight.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
All in all, sheís doing really well, thanks! Her bone marrow is being very stubborn about regenerating, but thatís the biggest negative at the moment. Her next appointment with the oncology team is Tuesday. We should know more then about what to expect next.
Wishing her well
Old 09-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #15
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Wishing her well
Thank you!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #16
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Honestly I continue to think my brain thinks so much more differently than the rest of the world. Hereís just another example....if my dishwasher broke, Iíd hop in the truck, drive to Menards and choose the one I liked best of whats in stock and drive it home. Never, ever occurred to me to research, pick and then try to find it.
All the best wishes to your Sister!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #17
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Honestly I continue to think my brain thinks so much more differently than the rest of the world. Here’s just another example....if my dishwasher broke, I’d hop in the truck, drive to Menards and choose the one I liked best of whats in stock and drive it home. Never, ever occurred to me to research, pick and then try to find it.
I am picky in that they have to be white. I have a galley kitchen and the white really makes it look larger (home built in the 40s before large kitchens were a thing). I've been lucky in finding things but last year when our fridge died unexpectedly I nearly settled. Glad I didn't. My floor is beige with coppery tones, my counters are dark brown with copper flecks, the backsplash is white with copper and my cabinets are white. Walls are too. Looks great and a stainless set would really bug me now.

I was smart and replaced the dishwasher that was 19 years old before gutting. The fridge was a pain. Who knew I'd like a side by side so much, but at that point I was not being picky on a lot as long as the reviews were good (no more Samsung appliances for me lol)
Old 09-16-2020, 09:32 PM   #18
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Honestly I continue to think my brain thinks so much more differently than the rest of the world. Hereís just another example....if my dishwasher broke, Iíd hop in the truck, drive to Menards and choose the one I liked best of whats in stock and drive it home. Never, ever occurred to me to research, pick and then try to find it.
Eh. Iíve always been a bit of a

Why would I want to do anything the easy way?
Old 09-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #19
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I am picky in that they have to be white. I have a galley kitchen and the white really makes it look larger (home built in the 40s before large kitchens were a thing). I've been lucky in finding things but last year when our fridge died unexpectedly I nearly settled. Glad I didn't. My floor is beige with coppery tones, my counters are dark brown with copper flecks, the backsplash is white with copper and my cabinets are white. Walls are too. Looks great and a stainless set would really bug me now.

I was smart and replaced the dishwasher that was 19 years old before gutting. The fridge was a pain. Who knew I'd like a side by side so much, but at that point I was not being picky on a lot as long as the reviews were good (no more Samsung appliances for me lol)
We are actually discussing proactively replacing the fridge while we are at it. If we replace the fridge and dryer, that will be all major appliances. So in theory, we should get a year or so of grace before any of them die on us.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:42 PM   #20
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We are actually discussing proactively replacing the fridge while we are at it. If we replace the fridge and dryer, that will be all major appliances. So in theory, we should get a year or so of grace before any of them die on us.
I really feel for you. We proactively replaced our one fridge 2 years ago. Bought a dishwasher to replace the old one and wham 10 month old fridge dies days before we leave for Disney. It went downhill from there. My range is under 5 years old as well. Only our microwave is left. Well washer and dryer are 12 years old.... they got us through bad times.

Of course we have the new furnace we just bought too. Yeah I feel for you. At least most should be fine or at least under warranty.

2021 cannot come fast enough though. Hoping for better something. 2019 and 2020 sucked for us.