home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Pandemic inspired home repair/remodel thread (AKA the Locust Invasion)

And... now itís the dishwasher. But, hey! Itís 19 years old. Letís just replace it and move on. Hmm... no one has the one I want in stock. Poo. But my favorite store can order it! Hooray! Delivery date in February... Sigh. So now Iím pulling out the dishwasher to see if I can make it limp along til February... and this week was supposed to be our first ever girls trip to Disney. Somehow, working on appliances just isnít as fun...

Last edited by ermindy1133; 09-19-2020 at 04:20 PM.
ermindy1133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
And... now it’s the dishwasher. But, hey! It’s 19 years old. Let’s just replace it and move on. Hmm... no one has the one I want in stock. Poo. But my favorite store can order it! Hooray! Delivery date in February... Sigh. So now I’m pulling out the dishwasher to see if I can make it limp along til February... and this week was supposed to be our first ever girls trip to Disney. Somehow, working on appliances just isn’t as fun...
You can still go if those remaining at home wash dishes by hand. It won't kill them. (At least not quickly!)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
You can still go if those remaining at home wash dishes by hand. It won't kill them. (At least not quickly!)
Three nurses. All on travel restrictions. One is immunocompromised, and my sister is taking chemo. Nope. Travel is out of the question for, um, a really long time.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
And... now itís the dishwasher. But, hey! Itís 19 years old. Letís just replace it and move on. Hmm... no one has the one I want in stock. Poo. But my favorite store can order it! Hooray! Delivery date in February... Sigh. So now Iím pulling out the dishwasher to see if I can make it limp along til February... and this week was supposed to be our first ever girls trip to Disney. Somehow, working on appliances just isnít as fun...
Oh boo!!!! Is there a similar model you can find in stock?

If it's Feb, I wouldn't count on ever getting it (ask me about my not so great expediences with appliances being discontinued before I can get them to my house)
Old 09-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Oh boo!!!! Is there a similar model you can find in stock?

If it's Feb, I wouldn't count on ever getting it (ask me about my not so great expediences with appliances being discontinued before I can get them to my house)
For reasons that are definitely not first world problems, no. As long as there is a possibility of getting the one I want, I canít compromise. Iíll keep checking with other stores in the hopes that I will be able to find it elsewhere. When they discontinue it, Iíll pick out something else.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:22 PM   #6
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
For reasons that are definitely not first world problems, no. As long as there is a possibility of getting the one I want, I canít compromise. Iíll keep checking with other stores in the hopes that I will be able to find it elsewhere. When they discontinue it, Iíll pick out something else.
Have you checked Abt? I was able to get mine there when no place had the one I wanted 4 years ago.
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #7
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Man, luck does not seem to be on your side my friend. We returned from our camping trip to a broken dishwasher also. My husband is very mechanical, but there was no hope for this little JennAir. Off to Lowe's for a new machine . Sorry about your cancelled girls trip . Sending positive thoughts your sister's way. Hope she is ok.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:26 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loro View Post
Have you checked Abt? I was able to get mine there when no place had the one I wanted 4 years ago.
Iím lost. What is Abt?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:50 PM   #9
Loro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Iím lost. What is Abt?
They're an electronics retailer. Abt.com
Loro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Well boo again. I had a white duel fuel range that was hard to get in stock, took forever to get but finally someone had it in stock. It literally went to discontinued in the time I had ordered it to missed deliveries. Best buy tried to find me an equivalent, but there was not. Our fridge fiasco from last year solidified for me that if it is not in stock now, you are not ever getting it. So if I am told anything beyond 2 weeks I now won't buy because it's not really there. So in your case I'd be looking for one that did work. They discontinue appliances too often to wait and by the time they get to you you're SOL.