home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #201
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Thank you - so nice to hear
It was a nice break and extremely relaxing after being travel free since March. You'll enjoy it, I believe. The Member Lounge in Epcot is open, too.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #202
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I just returned from a week at WDW. Went to Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, HS 1 day after deciding to skip MK completely - for the first time ever - and rebooking for Epcot. The magic at Epcot is still there for us. We enjoyed "almost" everything we like about Food and Wine - except for the drinks to go only, no sitting option in La Cava. R&C Pub was good, but get there early enough to avoid the socially distanced line and to get one of the few tables that are available in the bar area. Germany is essentially the same; the beer as good as ever. Via Napoli was a walk-in for lunch which was a bonus (weekday, but we had a ressie for Sunday). There were less booth options as would be there normally, but we had a great time. We filled the day with most of the usual things except ending with the fireworks. Masks are a nuisance and you must be stationary when drinking and eating, but the weather was perfectly mild and not humid for most of the trip so it was just a minor annoyance. The IG is still the best way in and the new EVOLV scanners, no finger print requirement completely streamlined the entry process. The only line at all was for temperature check which was done quickly. It was much better than my expectations and the parks are to add hours soon, so that should help.
This matches our experience from a couple of weeks ago. Epcot 2 days, HS 1 day, AK 1 day. Skipped MK.

Going again this week, pretty much the same set of parks.

But, yeah, not the same as in the past, so lowered expectations are a must.

Cheers.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:00 PM   #203
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Latest Update

CCV was supposed to close on November 3. It closed today. Proceeds should be forthcoming soon.

SSR was ROFR'd but Disney said they'd honor the closing date of September 30. They sent me the paperwork to sign on September 22, which was returned to them on September 25 (Fed-Ex, signed for). September 30 passes, not a peep. Points still in my account.

I email Member Accounting on 10/7. "Oh, our records show it arrived in our central facility. It should be here tomorrow in our office (2 weeks later) and we'll start the title search process right away." Please note, one of those forms stated closing would be 9/30.

I was tempted to email back, "Reason 437 why I'm selling DVC." Instead, I email back, "Thank you for following up. We look forward to the rest of the process concluding smoothly and in a timely fashion. While we are selling DVC, we are still very committed to Disney and look forward to experiencing WDW in many other exciting ways." I can BS as good as they can.

I'm a bit peeved that their letter to me was clear that if they didn't get my paperwork in time for a 9/30 closing, the deal could be void. Well, if they didn't close on 9/30, can the deal be void and I re-list my points?

And two weeks to get an overnight delivery from your "central location" to your office? Pfft.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:13 PM   #204
buzzy0
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Dirk,

Just curious as I am thinking of something similar for similar reasons. One of your earlier postings on this thread you mentoned you could go to Aulani but it isn't a good use of points or something to that effect. Could you explain your thoughts on that? We had a trip booked for Aulani this summer but then since that was cancelled I rented out 150 points.

Also, when you sold your contract, did you strip them down to 0 or leave use year points on there? we have 300. Thanks!
buzzy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:24 AM   #205
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
CCV was supposed to close on November 3. It closed today. Proceeds should be forthcoming soon.

SSR was ROFR'd but Disney said they'd honor the closing date of September 30. They sent me the paperwork to sign on September 22, which was returned to them on September 25 (Fed-Ex, signed for). September 30 passes, not a peep. Points still in my account.

I email Member Accounting on 10/7. "Oh, our records show it arrived in our central facility. It should be here tomorrow in our office (2 weeks later) and we'll start the title search process right away." Please note, one of those forms stated closing would be 9/30.

I was tempted to email back, "Reason 437 why I'm selling DVC." Instead, I email back, "Thank you for following up. We look forward to the rest of the process concluding smoothly and in a timely fashion. While we are selling DVC, we are still very committed to Disney and look forward to experiencing WDW in many other exciting ways." I can BS as good as they can.

I'm a bit peeved that their letter to me was clear that if they didn't get my paperwork in time for a 9/30 closing, the deal could be void. Well, if they didn't close on 9/30, can the deal be void and I re-list my points?

And two weeks to get an overnight delivery from your "central location" to your office? Pfft.

Dirk
I took a screenshot before you decide to change your signature. Iíve always regretted not taking screen shots of Kimís many avatar changes during the Neapolitan Complex thread...
Old 10-14-2020, 09:11 AM   #206
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy0 View Post
Dirk,

Just curious as I am thinking of something similar for similar reasons. One of your earlier postings on this thread you mentoned you could go to Aulani but it isn't a good use of points or something to that effect. Could you explain your thoughts on that? We had a trip booked for Aulani this summer but then since that was cancelled I rented out 150 points.

Also, when you sold your contract, did you strip them down to 0 or leave use year points on there? we have 300. Thanks!
Aulani isn't a good use of points *for us* because that's not how we want to see Hawaii. We would rather be based out of other areas or move around a bit. It could make a sense for a few nights if we took a longer trip and had points to burn or plan multiple trips to Hawaii, but that's certainly not in the cards any time soon!

Otherwise, I think the resort itself is fine.

We didn't strip the contract. In fact, we tried to use the points we had with several reservations until it became obvious we weren't going to get to Disney. So, I canceled the reservations, got the points into their proper use years, and listed the contracts.

I'm in NJ and the only priest in an Episcopal congregation so I kinda have to do "in person" work. It would be completely irresponsible of me to travel to a state where I have to quarantine for two weeks upon return. So, no Disney in my future until all of this is over.

It really is a personal decision based on your circumstances. If you want one last hoorah and are willing to accept a slightly lower price as a result, go for it. Good luck and share your story, if you wish!

Dirk

Old 10-14-2020, 09:16 AM   #207
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I took a screenshot before you decide to change your signature. Iíve always regretted not taking screen shots of Kimís many avatar changes during the Neapolitan Complex thread...
Funny. CCV closed last Friday, so I'll probably drop that sig in the next week or so. NO funds yet, and the points are still in my account.

Disney is taking their own sweet time on closing their ROFR on SSR so that's going to hang around for at least another 2-3 weeks. Grumble, grumble, growl.

It gives me a little time to plan alternate signatures.

Dirk

Old 10-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #208
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I received the check for CCV yesterday. It was supposed to close in November. SSR was supposed to close 9/30 according to Disney and they have yet to close. Grr.

All points are still in my account, but they appear to have stopped the auto-dues payments for both contracts and maybe the auto loan for CCV.

Since I've been paid for CCV, signature gone.

Dirk

Old 10-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #209
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I received the check for CCV yesterday. It was supposed to close in November. SSR was supposed to close 9/30 according to Disney and they have yet to close. Grr.

All points are still in my account, but they appear to have stopped the auto-dues payments for both contracts and maybe the auto loan for CCV.

Since I've been paid for CCV, signature gone.

Dirk
Cute! I like it!
Old 10-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #210
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Cute! I like it!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote