home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #191
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Oh come on. Book something. Live a little

Cheers.
I thought about seeing if there was availability this week and trying to "steal" a couple of nights! I'm certain Disney would cancel that reservation in a heartbeat.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #192
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

We have also discussed selling our Boardwalk points for the first time ever...

We will keep Boulder Ridge. Disney has just lost some of it's sparkle.

I wish you the best and am glad you will be hanging around!

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2021**
**Boardwalk and AKV Feb. 2021**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF & Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #193
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I was browsing through my (thousands) of WDW photos today to sort out some Morocco Pavilion photos in case it goes away. After looking at the memories, all were awesome trips. I can't go back, though, until things are back to normal. Disney is my escape. I'm just not going to a Disney that doesn't really offer me an escape.

Dirk

Old 10-05-2020, 04:05 PM   #194
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I was browsing through my (thousands) of WDW photos today to sort out some Morocco Pavilion photos in case it goes away. After looking at the memories, all were awesome trips. I can't go back, though, until things are back to normal. Disney is my escape. I'm just not going to a Disney that doesn't really offer me an escape.

Dirk
This is my fear. I cannot wait to GO in November but I am so fearful that the experience will be less. SW has already 'rebooked' our flights
Old 10-05-2020, 05:06 PM   #195
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
This is my fear. I cannot wait to GO in November but I am so fearful that the experience will be less. SW has already 'rebooked' our flights
I have zero worries about going to WDW, so it's certainly not a safety thing. If I were going to return frequently, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought. However, with other vacation interests on the horizon, our Disney trip has to be about exactly what we want, not settling for what can be done in the moment. If it weren't the pandemic, I doubt we would be back before Epcot as finished. Now, due to pandemic, who knows what Epcot will look like. My marker for return is the opening of all attraction under construction and the return of fireworks.

However, reviewing our previous photos, it's clear to me that the Epcot I cherished is gone. I was OK with the changes. Now I'm not so sure, due to rumored cuts.

Dirk

Old 10-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #196
wiltony
Studio

Quote:
The experience WILL be less. My advice is to keep your expectations low, and just enjoy the opportunity to be there at all. If you think that will ruin it for you, you might consider waiting longer.
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #197
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
The experience WILL be less. My advice is to keep your expectations low, and just enjoy the opportunity to be there at all. If you think that will ruin it for you, you might consider waiting longer.
Good Advice
Old 10-06-2020, 09:05 AM   #198
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I have zero worries about going to WDW, so it's certainly not a safety thing. If I were going to return frequently, I probably wouldn't give it a second thought. However, with other vacation interests on the horizon, our Disney trip has to be about exactly what we want, not settling for what can be done in the moment. If it weren't the pandemic, I doubt we would be back before Epcot as finished. Now, due to pandemic, who knows what Epcot will look like. My marker for return is the opening of all attraction under construction and the return of fireworks.

However, reviewing our previous photos, it's clear to me that the Epcot I cherished is gone. I was OK with the changes. Now I'm not so sure, due to rumored cuts.

Dirk
When we started vacationing at WDW our focus was MK. I didn't get into Epcot until '04 on an all adult trip. Up until then the kids hated Epcot ( educational) and dealing with that meant that we'd do Cranium Command, etc. and leave. Plus back then I was a 'Snob' because we'd been to the Real Europe. The '04 girls trip opened my eyes and by then I knew Europe was over form me (plane). I talked DH into an adult trip the next year and we loved it. After that we never looked back. The trips with the kids were mostly over and we loved staying at the BC so we joined DVC because it saved $$$$ needed to stay at the IG entrance resorts (we totally forgot the Dolphin ). I can't wait to see the crew at the R&C and to sit outside of Italy with a beverage. We'll be using the IG entrance so hopefully we can completely avoid the front of Epcot.

See! I'm too excited I got to rein it in
Old 10-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #199
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
When we started vacationing at WDW our focus was MK. I didn't get into Epcot until '04 on an all adult trip. Up until then the kids hated Epcot ( educational) and dealing with that meant that we'd do Cranium Command, etc. and leave. Plus back then I was a 'Snob' because we'd been to the Real Europe. The '04 girls trip opened my eyes and by then I knew Europe was over form me (plane). I talked DH into an adult trip the next year and we loved it. After that we never looked back. The trips with the kids were mostly over and we loved staying at the BC so we joined DVC because it saved $$$$ needed to stay at the IG entrance resorts (we totally forgot the Dolphin ). I can't wait to see the crew at the R&C and to sit outside of Italy with a beverage. We'll be using the IG entrance so hopefully we can completely avoid the front of Epcot.

See! I'm too excited I got to rein it in
I just returned from a week at WDW. Went to Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, HS 1 day after deciding to skip MK completely - for the first time ever - and rebooking for Epcot. The magic at Epcot is still there for us. We enjoyed "almost" everything we like about Food and Wine - except for the drinks to go only, no sitting option in La Cava. R&C Pub was good, but get there early enough to avoid the socially distanced line and to get one of the few tables that are available in the bar area. Germany is essentially the same; the beer as good as ever. Via Napoli was a walk-in for lunch which was a bonus (weekday, but we had a ressie for Sunday). There were less booth options as would be there normally, but we had a great time. We filled the day with most of the usual things except ending with the fireworks. Masks are a nuisance and you must be stationary when drinking and eating, but the weather was perfectly mild and not humid for most of the trip so it was just a minor annoyance. The IG is still the best way in and the new EVOLV scanners, no finger print requirement completely streamlined the entry process. The only line at all was for temperature check which was done quickly. It was much better than my expectations and the parks are to add hours soon, so that should help.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 11:39 AM   #200
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I just returned from a week at WDW. Went to Epcot 3 days, AK 2 days, HS 1 day after deciding to skip MK completely - for the first time ever - and rebooking for Epcot. The magic at Epcot is still there for us. We enjoyed "almost" everything we like about Food and Wine - except for the drinks to go only, no sitting option in La Cava. R&C Pub was good, but get there early enough to avoid the socially distanced line and to get one of the few tables that are available in the bar area. Germany is essentially the same; the beer as good as ever. Via Napoli was a walk-in for lunch which was a bonus (weekday, but we had a ressie for Sunday). There were less booth options as would be there normally, but we had a great time. We filled the day with most of the usual things except ending with the fireworks. Masks are a nuisance and you must be stationary when drinking and eating, but the weather was perfectly mild and not humid for most of the trip so it was just a minor annoyance. The IG is still the best way in and the new EVOLV scanners, no finger print requirement completely streamlined the entry process. The only line at all was for temperature check which was done quickly. It was much better than my expectations and the parks are to add hours soon, so that should help.
Thank you - so nice to hear