home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-03-2020, 07:05 AM   #21
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Exciting. Congrats!

I can't afford grand kids. This scares me; I won't have self control. We only have grand pets right now and I have already started buying Disney dog clothes for DD's greyhound that she secretly adoptedSJ and socks so far. Now, I'm actually going to dig out my grandmother's sewing machine to make dog clothes. I've lost my mind and it's for animals. I'm not a dog person either and I adore her dog. She really is more like a cat. DS and DIL have two cats that I adore. We visit, we enjoy them and then leave just like it goes with grand kids I hear.

Grand kids. I'm toast.

Everyone says how awesome it is to have grand kids. So excited for you!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:23 AM   #22
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Exciting. Congrats!

I can't afford grand kids. This scares me; I won't have self control. We only have grand pets right now and I have already started buying Disney dog clothes for DD's greyhound that she secretly adoptedSJ and socks so far. Now, I'm actually going to dig out my grandmother's sewing machine to make dog clothes. I've lost my mind and it's for animals. I'm not a dog person either and I adore her dog. She really is more like a cat. DS and DIL have two cats that I adore. We visit, we enjoy them and then leave just like it goes with grand kids I hear.

Grand kids. I'm toast.

Everyone says how awesome it is to have grand kids. So excited for you!!
I know what you mean!! I didn’t think we were going to have any. My eldest son 38 and wife 37 are very career oriented. Second son not married ( I know that doesn’t matter )It’s the last son that is having his first child at age 31.

I tried to shop for neutral gender Baby clothes in a mall department store. There is hardly any green or yellow anything! I think kids today want to know the baby’s gender early so no baby neutral clothes are being made.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #23
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I know what you mean!! I didnít think we were going to have any. My eldest son 38 and wife 37 are very career oriented. Second son not married ( I know that doesnít matter )Itís the last son that is having his first child at age 31.

I tried to shop for neutral gender Baby clothes in a mall department store. There is hardly any green or yellow anything! I think kids today want to know the babyís gender early so no baby neutral clothes are being made.
Yes, now ultrasounds are the norm. I worked with a lady who didn't find out beforehand and it's not the norm to not know. Couples do the gender reveal parties before hand. My nephew did theirs in front of the Castle. My great nephew is so cute and the pictures from his first trip and first cruise last fall are SO CUTE!!!! They did the Halloween party before the Halloween cruise. He was dressed in a Donald costume on the cruise. He loves Donald (as did my own son). My kids didn't go to Disney until they were 8 and 10 so I'm pretty sure I'd be taking any grand child with me early. My brother and SIL say that being grandparents is the best thing ever.

I guess Carter's has cute baby clothes. I think I'm remembering that anyways. A friend orders online since we don't have a store here. She had so many cute clothes at the shower. It's was actually my son's friend from high school...his mom had the shower for them. Elephant theme. So cute. They knew they were having a boy.

I'm excited for you!! I don't think DS will have any. DD says she will. Time will tell. Mine are 29 and 27 already, but couples are having children later now too.

I guess 2020 has some good things happening too
Old 09-03-2020, 08:40 AM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
I can't afford grand kids. This scares me; I won't have self control.

We (Robin) literally have more clothes for both grandsons at our house, then either of their own parents have for them. Our basement is their play room and literally has toys, games, stuffed animals, crafts from one end to the other end.

When I flew home from WDW yesterday, I had two suitcases. One had my clothes and miscellaneous items, the second was filled with Disney "stuff" for the boys birthdays and Christmas.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #25
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
I guess Carter's has cute baby clothes.

They still do.....We got a delivery yesterday from them. I think Robin gets a bunch of stuff from Target, Khols, Carter's, JC Penny, and Belk. Walmart has cheap, cheap, cheap clothes for kids that cant be beat for the price.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #26
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We (Robin) literally have more clothes for both grandsons at our house, then either of their own parents have for them. Our basement is their play room and literally has toys, games, stuffed animals, crafts from one end to the other end.

When I flew home from WDW yesterday, I had two suitcases. One had my clothes and miscellaneous items, the second was filled with Disney "stuff" for the boys birthdays and Christmas.

Maybe I should find a job now before the announcement!?!?
Old 09-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #27
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Quote:

Maybe I should find a job now before the announcement!?!?
Hahah you guys are too funny!!!
Old 09-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #28
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
They still do.....We got a delivery yesterday from them. I think Robin gets a bunch of stuff from Target, Khols, Carter's, JC Penny, and Belk. Walmart has cheap, cheap, cheap clothes for kids that cant be beat for the price.
Good to know!!! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #29
CathyS
Studio

Quote:
Carters has decent baby stuff. Depending on where you buy it the sizing is very inconsistent. But they have really cute non-gendered stuff. Depending on your price point... you can get gender neutral stuff from baby gap, primary.com, Hanna Anderson, and I think Burtís bees has a clothing line too. (Just to give you some more ideas

We get that stuff at the resale shop mostly. Except pjs. Those are usually destroyed. Have fun shopping!
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #30
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyS View Post
Carters has decent baby stuff. Depending on where you buy it the sizing is very inconsistent. But they have really cute non-gendered stuff. Depending on your price point... you can get gender neutral stuff from baby gap, primary.com, Hanna Anderson, and I think Burtís bees has a clothing line too. (Just to give you some more ideas

We get that stuff at the resale shop mostly. Except pjs. Those are usually destroyed. Have fun shopping!
Thanks Cathy! I have never heard of primary.com or Hanna Anderson. I totally forgot about Gap